GTX 970 not working

FireGolem

Right so whats happening is that when I go and install the GTX 970 driver whether it be manually or through GeForce it asks me to reboot, to which I do and then when windows loads back up the display is down from 1920x1080 to 800x600 and it can't be changed also when I load up device manager it shows the GTX 970 but with a yellow triangle which shows error code 43 so I end up having to use DDU to uninstall the drivers so I can properly use my computer but only with the Microsoft Display Adapter if anyone knows how I can fix this please tell me ASAP.

Also here is my Computer specs acording to Piriform Speecy:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz    26 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H81M-H (SOCKET 0)    25 °C
Graphics
    2270W (1920x1080@64Hz)
    NVIDIA Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (MSI) (This should be NVIDIA GTX 970)
Storage
    931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA)    30 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224FB
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

If any more information is required or another set of computer specs via a different tool is needed please inform me.

7 minutes ago, FireGolem said:

Right so whats happening is that when I go and install the GTX 970 driver whether it be manually or through GeForce it asks me to reboot, to which I do and then when windows loads back up the display is down from 1920x1080 to 800x600 and it can't be changed also when I load up device manager it shows the GTX 970 but with a yellow triangle which shows error code 43 so I end up having to use DDU to uninstall the drivers so I can properly use my computer but only with the Microsoft Display Adapter if anyone knows how I can fix this please tell me ASAP.

Also here is my Computer specs acording to Piriform Speecy:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz    26 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H81M-H (SOCKET 0)    25 °C
Graphics
    2270W (1920x1080@64Hz)
    NVIDIA Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (MSI) (This should be NVIDIA GTX 970)
Storage
    931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA)    30 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224FB
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

If any more information is required or another set of computer specs via a different tool is needed please inform me.

If you're using the latest driver, perhaps try using an earlier one. If you aren't using the latest driver, dry using that?

Did you buy the card new? Or is this a new thing? Ive had this happen to me with my 970 after putting an incorrect 970 bios on it. Reflashing the original bios sorted the issue

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 hour ago, Sydlexic Deity said:

If you're using the latest driver, perhaps try using an earlier one. If you aren't using the latest driver, dry using that?

No drivers worked from around may to now none of them have worked, this has been a continuous issue for me that I had to put aside because of college and the fact I was moving

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

Did you buy the card new? Or is this a new thing? Ive had this happen to me with my 970 after putting an incorrect 970 bios on it. Reflashing the original bios sorted the issue

The card is new I bought it pre-installed into the computer and when the issue first started occurring I contacted the company who sold me the computer and they sent me a new GTX 970 but again the issues still persisted.

4 hours ago, FireGolem said:

No drivers worked from around may to now none of them have worked, this has been a continuous issue for me that I had to put aside because of college and the fact I was moving

The card is new I bought it pre-installed into the computer and when the issue first started occurring I contacted the company who sold me the computer and they sent me a new GTX 970 but again the issues still persisted.

If the issue still presisted then there is a chance it could be your motherboard. Maybe tru a different PCI E slot?

4 hours ago, FireGolem said:

The card is new I bought it pre-installed into the computer and when the issue first started occurring I contacted the company who sold me the computer and they sent me a new GTX 970 but again the issues still persisted

So that means the card did work prior?

Because if thats the case you either messed up somewhere or some windows update did. In some cases windows actually pushes display drivers over the standard windows update, which can be both proper nvidia drivers (though usualy outdated) or some garbage ones.

(Systemproperties -> windows updates -> installed updates) and see if you maybe find some Nvidia update or something that hints to be a GPU driver in there & uninstall it.

If that does not help try this:

boot up in safemode, use DDU again to kill everything nvidia ever installed. (also remove gforce experiance).

Reboot

go into safemode again and go to device manager, where you rightclick on the 970 and choose "uninstall device".

Boot the PC down ->  remove the GPU from the system -> boot up again using your Intel onboard GPU & let the system sit for a few minutes, if some background windows process starts working up, let it run untill its done - if not power down the pc again.

Install your 970 again and download this driver for it: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/110603/en-us

Only install GPU Driver & if you need it HDSounddriver.

If after all this the problem is still there, you can still try a fresh OS install but if that does not help either, its most probably a hardware problem with, as allready mentioned, probably even the motherboard.

Also keep in mind that if you bought the PC and also paid for assembly / windows install or it stated "comes pre-installed with windows" and/or is was a full pre-built system or something, you can just send it back and let the company deal with the problem and ask for a price reduction or something due to them delivering you a non working product.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.