HWMonitor temp readings wrong?

According to HWMonitor: BbQ3jhf.png

The current temperature as i'm typing now is the one shown here, while te maximum temperatures on both the MB and CPU are the ones that i gathered while playing the game Sven Coop for 15 to 30 minutes (and yes, even if Sven Coop is a Half Life game, for some unknown reason it likes to consume 100% of my CPU usage; Also i've checked, i have no running programs that is consuming the CPU)

Tho the GPU seems fine, i can't wonder if i should look at the cpu CORE temps, or the MB temps at the top, since i heard somewhere that the Core temperature is +10ºc higher than the average temp, i believe.

Whenever i'm at that high temp and then i close the game i'm running, the Core temps can drop almost 30ºc in a matter of 10 seconds, and 10ºc in a second (not joking).

I've already tried to:

-Making sure the fan runs properly (it's a stock one, and it runs at 3k rpm)

-Cleaned every spot i could with a pencil (it's clean as a crystal now)

-Re-applying thermal paste in the CPU thing (good as new)

But yet it still reads that temperature;I've also mounted an extra fan that was from the side-case thing, and placed it behind the computer as a way of sucking out the hot air that the heatsink exhausted.

The temperature of the core (on worst case scenario) can reach up to 90ºc, while the MB reaches at 70 or 72ºc max; Should i care more about the mb temperature?; How do i know these readings aren't false and i'm not just looking at the program like a paranoid freak all the time? (since that's what i'm actually doing, minimizing every 5 minutes to check the temperature, because i want the computer to last until 31st of December, so i can buy a new computer altogether).

Also, is the motherboard temperature ACTUALLY reflective of the temperature that the cpu is running?

Thanks for answering.

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I cannot see the image because Imgur is blocked at school, I am assuming it is an AMD CPU.

If it it is an intel CPU, what are the temperatures?

lol at school

8 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I cannot see the image because Imgur is blocked at school, I am assuming it is an AMD CPU.

If it it is an intel CPU, what are the temperatures?

It's an AMD Athlon x2 64 5200+

1 minute ago, Dyroo said:

It's an AMD Athlon x2 64 5200+

It will be wrong, AMD CPU temps are calculated with an algorithm which often is very wrong.

this is typical of all monitoring apps and AMD processors.

AMD does not use standard thermistors, but a calculation to top thermal peak (AMD overdrive for CPU).

usually in some instances, the 100% load temps can be close, but not always reliable or dependable.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1134229/amd-cpus-max-temps/0_30#post_15198072

Today i have decide to make a thread with all amd cpu's max temps...
and there are they:
these are "CORE TEMPS" remember... you can check this link before read maximum temperatures for each AMD CPU (Thanks to ALUCARDVPR) -> http://www.overclock.net/t/1128821/amd-temp-information-and-guide
All Athlon II x2's max temps are -> 74~75'C
Athlon II x3 Series -> 73'C
Athlon II x4 Series -> 71'C
Phenom II x2 5XX Series -> 70'C
Phenom II x3 7XX Series -> 73'C
Phenom II x4 8XX Series -> 71'C
Phenom II x4 9 Series 95W -> 71'C
Phenom II x4 9 Series 125/140W -> 62'C
Phenom II x6 1035T/1045T(new released)/1055T 95W -> 71'C
Phenom II x6 1055T (125W) 1065T 1075T 1090T 1100T -> 62'C
FX8120/FX8150 (BULLDOZERS) -> 61'C
FX6100/FX4100 -> 70'C

Stay Focused with this temps....

14 minutes ago, airdeano said:

this is typical of all monitoring apps and AMD processors.

AMD does not use standard thermistors, but a calculation to top thermal peak (AMD overdrive for CPU).

usually in some instances, the 100% load temps can be close, but not always reliable or dependable.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1134229/amd-cpus-max-temps/0_30#post_15198072

So what should i do to calculate whether or not it's reaching 75ºC on my CPU?

Should i just play some games until it shuts down or something?

Assuming these "readings" won't surpass 90ºc, am i safe?

Keep also in mind that this is an almost 8 year old RIG i have now, everything is stock aside from the GPU which i had to replace once.

Thanks for answering.

PS: My CPU is not an Athlon II, so i don't know if that's supposed to be correct for my case.