Need help picking out a 3D printer

Jonathan W

Hey everyone, I need help..I really want to get an entry level 3D printer but there are a butt-ton of them in Amazon in the $200-300USD spot 

I want something nice and easy to use but wont hold me back. I probably won't use it a ton I imagine so I don't really wanna spend a whole lot of money on one but I want one that's not garbage.

Please 

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

6 hours ago, daimenworrall said:

I just got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015OF7JI6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's really good for the price. Definitely worth considering.

Unfortunately it doesn't ship to the USA :[ lol

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

1 minute ago, daimenworrall said:

Sorry, I've been up for about 20 hours straight. I'm tired and i'm a lazy american <3

Project Hephaestus

Do yourself a favor and get the prusa research i3 mk2 kit.  It's not just one of the best value printers, it's one of the best desktop printers. And it's half the price of some machines out there. 

ASU

13 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Do yourself a favor and get the prusa research i3 mk2 kit.  It's not just one of the best value printers, it's one of the best desktop printers. And it's half the price of some machines out there. 

Maybe so but it's like 600-700USD what makes it worth 2-3 times more than the printers I said I wanna look at??

Project Hephaestus

1 hour ago, Jonathan W said:

Maybe so but it's like 600-700USD what makes it worth 2-3 times more than the printers I said I wanna look at??

The auto leveling and quality of the parts used in this machine are incredible. Look up the reviews, the i3 mk2 prints as well as if not better than the $2000 lulzbot and the similarly priced ultimaker 2. I love my ultimaker original, but the i3 mk2 can print better for less effort which is great for newbies to 3D printing. Did I mention it's less than half the cost of those other two machines? On top of all that, its made by the original creator of the prusa i3 design. Overall the prusa i3 mk2 is one of the best desktop 3D printers on the market and it costs less than half of its equivalents.

ASU

2 minutes ago, daimenworrall said:

The printer i linked is based on the Prusa i3 Mk2 - for what it's worth.

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

The auto leveling and quality of the parts used in this machine are incredible. Look up the reviews, the i3 mk2 prints as well as if not better than the $2000 lulzbot and the similarly priced ultimaker 2. I love my ultimaker original, but the i3 mk2 can print better for less effort which is great for newbies to 3D printing. Did I mention it's less than half the cost of those other two machines? On top of all that, its made by the original creator of the prusa i3 design. Overall the prusa i3 mk2 is one of the best desktop 3D printers on the market and it costs less than half of its equivalents.

Hmmm..Alright thanks guys I guess i'll have to wait longer before getting one. I just don't really wanna spend that much on it yet

Project Hephaestus

3 hours ago, daimenworrall said:

The printer i linked is based on the Prusa i3 Mk2 - for what it's worth.

That's another prusa i3. It's an open source reprap design that anyone can build. That's why the damn thing is so popular, especially for shit tastic machines. The i3 mk2 is an actual product developed, polished, and perfect by Joseph Prusa.

OP, what do you need the machine for?

ASU