Torn on a topic

Ok, so I am just going to ask you guys to bring up benefits of each one and comment them.

Should I go for a 11-14" laptop?

Or another 15.6" 

Benefits to 11-14" (that I see)

Denser pixels, 

Ligher

Travel is easier, 

Cons that I see to 11-14

Maybe not as upgradable

I wont be as used to the keyboard (but I have a K360 that I can use)

due to the size and compactness, maybe not as much power

Tell me what you think. Also, if you know of any deals on either under $200 with either a hyperthreaded dual core or a quad core CPU, 4GB of RAM and will not crash in skype calls, please link them. (No craigslist unless its Charleston area)

Generally I like 15 inches. It's the largest you can stow under your seat on an airplane and I think it's a good compromise between 13 and 17 inches. Most smaller laptops will still have the same CPU power as long as it's not some little 8 inch netbook. My 15 inch laptop is the perfect size for me, not to heavy and the bigger screen is great for browsing the web, watching videos, and editing in Photoshop. 

I think really you can get a 15 inch laptop with a 1440p screen, under 3 lbs, and you'd basically have a 11 inch laptop but with 15 inches, based on the criteria you wanted. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Generally I like 15 inches. It's the largest you can stow under your seat on an airplane and I think it's a good compromise between 13 and 17 inches. Most smaller laptops will still have the same CPU power as long as it's not some little 8 inch netbook. My 15 inch laptop is the perfect size for me, not to heavy and the bigger screen is great for browsing the web, watching videos, and editing in Photoshop. 

I think really you can get a 15 inch laptop with a 1440p screen, under 3 lbs, and you'd basically have a 11 inch laptop but with 15 inches, based on the criteria you wanted. 

I can only afford the 100-200 dollar price range. If you can link deals you found that'd be great. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

4 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Ill watch that pavilion for a few days see if I can get my mum and dad to bid on it. I hatenot having a credit card and having to ask my mum and dad to place orders and me pay them like that :/

Just now, LucasDerpYT said:

Ill watch that pavilion for a few days see if I can get my mum and dad to bid on it. I hatenot having a credit card and having to ask my mum and dad to place orders and me pay them like that :/

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you can win the auction! Although the buy it now price is pretty reasonable too. :D

Hp Stream 11

best bang for the buck for its price range perfect if you would only use microsoft office internet browsing and skype calls im not sure about its camera quality probably not good because of it compact design and the amount of power in this small thing is just enough

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834259990

1 minute ago, rwaalph said:

Hp Stream 11

best bang for the buck for its price range perfect if you would only use microsoft office internet browsing and skype calls im not sure about its camera quality probably not good because of it compact design and the amount of power in this small thing is just enough

Nope.

1 minute ago, rwaalph said:

Hp Stream 11

That is not a bad machine, but with 2 GB RAM and a plastic body, I think he'd be better off buying used. Laptops are like cars, the second they leave the store they lose a considerable amount of value. For a laptop budget under $200, I think used is often going to be the best bet.

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

That is not a bad machine, but with 2 GB RAM and a plastic body, I think he'd be better off buying used. Laptops are like cars, the second they leave the store they lose a considerable amount of value. For a laptop budget under $200, I think used is often going to be the best bet.

I agree maybe used will serve you good, its just I like buying Bnew laptops i wouldnt want to take risk if it have defects or something, well we all have different preference 

3 minutes ago, rwaalph said:

I agree maybe used will serve you good, its just I like buying Bnew laptops i wouldnt want to take risk if it have defects or something, well we all have different preference 

Buying used does come with some risk, but from my personal experience I've only had one used thing break faster than I would have expected, and it was a GoPro. You save so much money buying used, you could even buy two laptops for $100 a piece and keep one for a backup if you were that afraid of being down a machine! 

Buying new is fun, and unboxing an item, knowing you're the first person to touch it, it's awesome, but I maintain my stance for a budget like the OP's. :D