Hunting A MB/cpu

Looking to upgrade my MB and CPU if anyone is able to assist in choosing the perfect pair. 

what i am looking for is...

Motherboard:

ATX size

I7

optical audio out

lots of usb 3.0/3.1/C

M.2 slot

no leds

NO asrock boards pls (ive had nothing but problems with the brand)

and i do not need on board graphics if possible. 

CPU:

I7 

One that will work with suggested MB and will not have any issues with heavy gaming and VR

I was looking at this one: 

http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-x99a-sli-plus-atx-b3-107787.htm

but i believe its overkill for what i need it to play, but it dose have all the connections i would like without any unnecessary ones.

i plan to set up a vive setup with it as well.

any thought or suggestions?

Thank You In Advance

Budget? Currency? Specific number of usb ports?

Any x99 system is unnecesary as games just simply won't use more then 8 threads efficiently.

A 6700k, and z170 should be fine, if you are looking for like 10+ usb ports or something crazy, look for pcie usb cards.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Um, most intel socket/chipset mobos are going to have graphics on them.  Not getting LEDs isn't the easiest thing.  Secondly, how is the mobo going to cause issues in gaming and VR on modern motherboards?  They all have pretty much the same north bridge/south bridge communication.  Most boards have optical audio out too.  Why no LED lights on the board, though?  You're probably better off with a 6700k+a z170 chipset mobo.

The only skylake based mobo that doesn't have onboard graphics has other things you don't want.

sorry i should be more specific.. i mean that i would like one that has no back light led or unnecessary ones other than the typical power/other standard led , because i have the original corsair comander setup that has RGB controlled lighting throughout  my case.

i had a issue with my oculus dk2 and a leap motion sensor almost brick my current MB ( it literally wouldent load bios) but  i have had random issues since... hence the upgrade and the dislike of AsRock MB

budget is not a issue, but a number value would be $100 - 800 CAD for just the mb...

as for the usb ports i have 8 At the moment but it isnt quite enough for what i need, ive had to plug 3.0 devices into 2.0 hubs