FTP Server Help

bgibbz

Hi, so I am trying to setup a FTP server from my Netgear router in order to use online functionality of a game. I want to set this up on my router (Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000) because that I already have a 2tb drive hooked up to it, and I don't have any server PCs or PCs that I run 24/7 to host the game files.

I tried following all of the instructions from here and here, but I keep getting stuck on setting up the DDNS. I tried first setting it up through the netgear router utility -

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

After filling out all of those fields, a message popped up saying it was successfully registered. However, when I try to sign on to the account, I get the message "Unable to complete the job, reason; Unable to locate hostname in your account.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

However, when I click manage account, the DDNS service shows up as active, and is even successfully retrieving the IP Addresses.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

I even created another hostname and tried to sign into that hostname through the no-ip option in the netgear utility, but that also did not work, although that did not produce an error message, just nothing happened.

Is there something I am doing wrong? All I am trying to do is create a globally accessible FTP server that I can then input into a game (Out of the park baseball 17) so that I can play online multiplayer with my friends. If there is an easier way of doing this or anything, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

The DDNS is not something you really need. You can just input your ip-address instead. 

If you absolutely need a hostname, noip also got a desktop client you can install on a computer on the same network to update the IP if it changes.