Problems with Mail-App

Hey guys,

maybe you can help me. I use the built-in Mail-App in Windows 10 on a regular basis for several different accounts and it usually works just fine. But on my desktop pc the app doesn't synchronice incoming mail anymore since maybe a couple of days and crashes frequently. The weird thing is that it works just fine on my laptop. The settings are the same on bothe devices. What could cause this issue and how could it be resolved?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

Hey guys,

maybe you can help me. I use the built-in Mail-App in Windows 10 on a regular basis for several different accounts and it usually works just fine. But on my desktop pc the app doesn't synchronice incoming mail anymore since maybe a couple of days and crashes frequently. The weird thing is that it works just fine on my laptop. The settings are the same on bothe devices. What could cause this issue and how could it be resolved?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Depends on the email client. For gmail, I have to reautheticate every so often by reentering my password.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Thanks for the quick reply. 

9 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Depends on the email client. For gmail, I have to reautheticate every so often by reentering my password.

I've tried this. It works for my outlook account, but gmail and yahoo still refuse to work properly. I also just tried to reset the app, but it didn't seem to help to set everything up from scratch...

2 hours ago, black0utm1rage said:

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I've tried this. It works for my outlook account, but gmail and yahoo still refuse to work properly. I also just tried to reset the app, but it didn't seem to help to set everything up from scratch...

Idk about yahoo, but have you turned allow secure apps to on in your google account settings?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14