UPS required, needing recommendations.

BobbyG2
Go to solution Solved by scottyseng,
14 hours ago, BobbyG2 said:

-snip-

I think a 1500 VA Eaton 5S should work fine for this, or the 5P for a bit more efficiency.

Your PC should pull a fair lot of power, I predict 600-700W, maybe more. I kind of don't recommend running the UPS at max capacity even if you only need a really short run time.

Hey guys, I'm about to hook up my PC in my new truck (18 wheeler) but it has a quirk that will require a UPS to fix.

Basically, I have a feature called "Opti-Idle" which turns my truck on/off based on the temperature I have set in the thermostat. 

The problem I have is that the voltage drops enough during each start up to send my power inverter into low voltage protect for a few seconds, which cuts the power to the connected devices.

I need a UPS powerful enough to handle my rig for 2-10 seconds while the power inverter is in LVP mode. 

Rig is in my signature, budget isnt much of a concern I just need the cheapest trustworthy option to fit my use case. 

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

14 hours ago, BobbyG2 said:

-snip-

I think a 1500 VA Eaton 5S should work fine for this, or the 5P for a bit more efficiency.

Your PC should pull a fair lot of power, I predict 600-700W, maybe more. I kind of don't recommend running the UPS at max capacity even if you only need a really short run time.