Final check

savedan
Go to solution Solved by lettuce head,

as far as compatibility, youre fine. but I think It could be optimized better. someone already mentioned the z170 mobo thing and you gave your explanation, I wont beat that dead horse. However, you should really consider a motherboard with usb 3.1 type a and 3.1 type c support, that technology will start coming into place soon and you'll likely use it (usb 2.0 support is also super nice, since it's driverless). Id recommend a single 1x8 stick of ram, its a very small upgrade, but will give you more headroom for ram capabilities at a minimal premium. The only other thing I notice is that the PSU is kind of overkill for such a system, and for a newer builder, the convenience of a (semi)modular psu is something I wish I would have invested in the first time around. a corsair cxm 550w semi-modular psu or a evga supernova 550w modular psu would be my 2 recommendations.

Hi,

I have picked the parts for my firs pc. I just wanted to make sure, that I didn't miss any factors. Could you please check my build, not the obvious parts, like is the RAM compatible with my MOBO, but like more complex factors, that I, a beginner, could have not known about.

I appreciate your time a lot.

Thank you.

Just now, savedan said:

Hi,

I have picked the parts for my firs pc. I just wanted to make sure, that I didn't miss any factors. Could you please check my build, not the obvious parts, like is the RAM compatible with my MOBO, but like more complex factors, that I, a beginner, could have not known about.

I appreciate your time a lot.

Thank you.

What parts???

1 hour ago, Unexas. said:

You don't need a z170 board since you don't have an unlocked CPU. Other than that good.

I know, but there is not much difference in price with boards, that ship to Finland and are not overclockable.

How's this for a Red&Black build?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€207.65 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming M3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€88.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

^Red&black mobo
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€79.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

^2x8gb red sticks
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€127.17 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card  (€317.86 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

^This one's too expensive for a 1060, I suggest the Gigabyte Windforce OC as cheaper alternative
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case  (€69.94 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

^Nicer looking case with 2 red LED fans pre-installed at the front
Power Supply: Corsair CX550M Semi-Modular 80 Plus Bronze 550W  (€64.84 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €955.45

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

as far as compatibility, youre fine. but I think It could be optimized better. someone already mentioned the z170 mobo thing and you gave your explanation, I wont beat that dead horse. However, you should really consider a motherboard with usb 3.1 type a and 3.1 type c support, that technology will start coming into place soon and you'll likely use it (usb 2.0 support is also super nice, since it's driverless). Id recommend a single 1x8 stick of ram, its a very small upgrade, but will give you more headroom for ram capabilities at a minimal premium. The only other thing I notice is that the PSU is kind of overkill for such a system, and for a newer builder, the convenience of a (semi)modular psu is something I wish I would have invested in the first time around. a corsair cxm 550w semi-modular psu or a evga supernova 550w modular psu would be my 2 recommendations.