USB Problem

Go to solution Solved by NeoFrux,
5 minutes ago, zanthros said:

I don't understand why you awarded yourself "Best Answer" as @Runefox gave you the answer. Kind of self serving don't you think? Maybe next time you come here with a problem you can have a conversation with yourself and fix it yourself with no help from anyone else and deserve giving yourself the best answer. 

Ehh, I kinda shotgunned my answer either way. @REDDEATH's more accurately describes the solution, so I think this is most correct for future generations looking for a solution, which is what the solved button is for.

"The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it."

This has just come to attention last night that my USB ports have just decided to stop accepting my galaxyS6 when I plug it in (It worked a couple of days ago) , receiving the line above as a notification every time I connect it to my PC. I have tried numerous solutions but they don't work (Such as Re-installing drive, disabling the USB and Power Options method) I read so many threads trying stuff but can't seem to figure it out. I was out of ideas so I turned to the best opinions around!

Thanks for any body willing to help! :-D

Have you tried using a powered USB hub? This can happen if you don't have enough voltage in the circuit.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

Just now, zanthros said:

Have you tried using a powered USB hub? This can happen if you don't have enough voltage in the circuit.

Yes. Plugged into the same USB ports that power my Razer Blackwidow Chroma and Razer Naga Chroma, which still lead to the same error.

2 minutes ago, anybodykek said:

You can try using a different cord or transferring data using a MicroSD card

This was the cord that worked, that I own, The other two MicroUSB connecters I have just don't do it (Due to being cheap) and galaxyS6 does not have a MicroSD card slot sadly ;-( 

1 minute ago, REDDEATH said:

This was the cord that worked, that I own, The other two MicroUSB connecters I have just don't do it (Due to being cheap) and galaxyS6 does not have a MicroSD card slot sadly ;-( 

rip :( if it's an issue for you cheap Micro USB to USB cords are like 5 bucks

6 minutes ago, anybodykek said:

rip :( if it's an issue for you cheap Micro USB to USB cords are like 5 bucks

I will try when I get home and update this thread in 1-3 hours.

9 hours ago, REDDEATH said:

Yes. Plugged into the same USB ports that power my Razer Blackwidow Chroma and Razer Naga Chroma, which still lead to the same error.

So you have tried a separate powered USB hub? Because what you posted does not seem to indicate that.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

Well, either the cable or the Galaxy S6's USB interface has gone south from the sound of it. Have you tried plugging the phone into a different computer to see what happens? Would rule out your PC in general.

When I transfer files to my Android devices, generally I just find it easier to run an app that can open an FTP server or similar to transfer files, or use something like FX File Explorer that can connect directly to PC's via SMB to transfer the other way around.

I had same problem with 3 MicroUSB cables which I tried later that night, later on that weekend I went out purchased 2 reasonably high end cables, which I then plugged in and it worked :D (Sorry for late reply and thank you for all of your replies)  

I don't understand why you awarded yourself "Best Answer" as @Runefox gave you the answer. Kind of self serving don't you think? Maybe next time you come here with a problem you can have a conversation with yourself and fix it yourself with no help from anyone else and deserve giving yourself the best answer. 

5 minutes ago, zanthros said:

Ehh, I kinda shotgunned my answer either way. @REDDEATH's more accurately describes the solution, so I think this is most correct for future generations looking for a solution, which is what the solved button is for.