Not sure where to post this but I got the redirect google virus and need help

Hi there,

Not sure how many have come across this but I found out that I have a google redirect virus or malware and I need it gone. I found information on this site but there is a lot to do and I don't know how safe these are. Any help would be great.

5 minutes ago, acblevins said:

Hi there,

Not sure how many have come across this but I found out that I have a google redirect virus or malware and I need it gone. I found information on this site but there is a lot to do and I don't know how safe these are. Any help would be great.

Use Malwarebytes and scan your PC, then it should be gone, if not turn on your pc in safe mode then use malwarebytes again and that will 99% get rid of it.

12 hours ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Use Malwarebytes and scan your PC, then it should be gone, if not turn on your pc in safe mode then use malwarebytes again and that will 99% get rid of it.

This didn't find anything but I still have the problem. Any other suggestions?

2 hours ago, SnakeDrone said:

How did you discover it and how does it effect you browser? (Basicly, what makes you think you have a virus?)

Well when I try to use Google Chrome and go to twitch.tv for example, I'm redirected to 2 sometimes 3 other sites I've never been to.

In most cases I can exit out of these sites but they always pop back up when I move around the page I want to be on. Sometimes the redirected page can't be closed so I have to open the task manager and close down Google altogether.

So I opened Internet Explorer and had zero issues. That led me to do some research and Google redirect virus or malware kept coming up. Companies use it to get traffic to their pages so they can make money. Well that's what I came up with.