My HE-400i's arent what I expected, maybe they're not being used to their full potential?

2 minutes ago, Dark_wizzie said:

+12 dB bass?

Aren't you just getting terrabad clipping?? You don't push the slider above 0dB, you lower everything except bass such that bass is still louder relative to other frequencies.

I push the slider up all the way, it has absolutetly no effect on the audio that it produces, to me it doesn't even work

Check out my build babes  ;)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wyrr8d

• 10 months later...

Did you resolve your issue?

I was looking into HIFIMAN 400i related stuff and saw this post.

1. They are easy to drive but they need power to move the drivers they are inefficent like all planar magnetics.

2. TURN OFF AND OR UNINSTALL EVERY LAST PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT ENHANCES OR CHANGES SOUND

2A. This stuff is junk and shouldnt be touched at all smarteq recks all sound, its only use is for hearing footstepps in games.

2B. Turn it all off and disable all stuff in the windows properties enhancements tab

3. My on board can run my headphones, but its not enough juice for touchy games or sound sensitive games get an amp dac

4. Set a budget and go with that, if you wana be cheap, run 3.5mm to RCA and use a MAGNI 2 U, if you wana spend up to the $350 there are more options.

5. 598s are great for gaming and are really easy to drive and sensitive, i liked mine for gaming but not for music.

6. PM me if you want more information

The 400i's are fking amazing headphones, but with onboard, they are nothing. Please get a DAC amp combo (fulla 2, if ur budget is low), you will be amazed.

Asus Z170-A | Intel Core i7-6700K@4.6Ghz | Cooler Master 612s | ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB | Kingston HyperX Savage 1x8Gb 3000MHz CL15 | Aerocool Mechatron White Edition (Steel Edition) | Corsair CX650M | Fostex HP-A3 | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit | Superlux E205U | Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb | Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200Rpm | BENQ XL2411Z (1ms, 144hz, 24'', 3D) | HiFiMAN HE-400i | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum | Logitech G703 Wireless | Razer Goliathus Control Large | T-Moblie 120/10 Mb/s | Steam profile

9 hours ago, seduce_me said:

What's up with people reviving old threads?

Google search for HE-400i probably ended up with this thread in the results.