Playstation through the generations

nicehat

A sick video that brings back memories (Even though I was a Nintendo guy up till PS2)...Im sure alot of you have some of these consoles that need some dusting. Subtle changes throughout the video - with each generation shot in one single take - show a transition between intermediate PlayStation consoles, from a PSX to a PSONE, fat PS2 to its slimmer cousin and so on and so forth.

Perhaps the only noticeably odd thing, is that these guys that were clearly teens in the mid-90s, are still coming back to the same room in their parents house to play on a console. They need to get a house of their own at some point surely? And even if they do, stop playing on your old man's PS4. He's got some gaming to do.

Plus, make sure to check out how London evolves out the window through all of this! Like I said....Sick! ! ! 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. :D

This is kinda related:

http://playstation.greatnessexchange.com

Basically, Playstation is having a sweepstakes every single day up to the PS4 launch where you can win the gear used in their commercials for video games. Such as a Nord Sword from Skyrim commercials, various cosplay suits (Helghast, Nord Warrior, etc), and some concept art (along with experiences, you'd have to read it). 

Then there's a mystery box prize which I am guessing is a PS4 bundle. 

Your Gold Trophies are your tickets and you pick where the tickets go (you can't re-use them even if you don't win the sweepstakes you put them into). 

It's pretty unique imo. I like it.

Edit:

I swear, Sony has the BEST commercials. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0d9d-cdxhk

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I always imagine a song with gameplay of the hit games on the console transitioning to another like spyro to gat to gta 3 to San Andreas to kill zone and such

That video brings back good memories.  Battle Arena Toshinden was my introductory game to the world of Playstation.

I also feel old all of a sudden...

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Nostalgia flashbacks aplenty.

Great memories. Great video.

Edit: @Vitalius Those sweepstakes seem cool. But unfortunately they're only available for the United States and Canada. :(

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff