How do I configure QoS on my modem?

Freezanator

My modem is a TM6841G which is re-branded for my ISP. I think its actual model is a ZyXel P-600 Series (the wider version). Now, on the box, it says it is ready for Quality of Service configuration and there is a QoS setting when I navigate to 192.168.1.1. I've provided some screenshots below. I also know my MAC Address in case I need it for QoS configuration. Could anyone please guide me how to configure QoS on my modem? Thanks!
Navigation in this order: Advanced > QoS > Class Setup

Screenshot (32).pngScreenshot (29).pngScreenshot (30).png

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

You don't.

You cannot setup QoS on your modem.

You said modem, but you meant router. Yours is probably a modem/router combination.

On 10/25/2016 at 6:38 AM, Emmien said:

You don't.

You cannot setup QoS on your modem.

You said modem, but you meant router. Yours is probably a modem/router combination.

So, I can't setup QoS on my modem/router? Why is that so? On the box, they say it is ready for QoS and it clearly shows there is a QoS setup in the settings.

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 

12 hours ago, Freezanator said:

So, I can't setup QoS on my modem/router? Why is that so? On the box, they say it is ready for QoS and it clearly shows there is a QoS setup in the settings.

he was taking the piss out of you for using the wrong terminology.

you can setup QoS, you posted the screendumps right there. the idea behind QoS is having the router match packets and then either putting them to the front or back of the queue to get processed and out of the router. Don't ask me how to do it on that router, I don't know it (and it isn't enterprise so I don't care to learn it), have you tried checking the manual?

Why do you want to setup QoS anyway?

I'm afraid I can't help setting it up, just curious.

8 hours ago, Blake said:

he was taking the piss out of you for using the wrong terminology.

you can setup QoS, you posted the screendumps right there. the idea behind QoS is having the router match packets and then either putting them to the front or back of the queue to get processed and out of the router. Don't ask me how to do it on that router, I don't know it (and it isn't enterprise so I don't care to learn it), have you tried checking the manual?

It did come with a manual, but all it said about QoS is that the modem/router is able to setup QoS. My ISP (Telekom Malaysia) buys mdoems/routers from companeis such as TP-Link and ZyXel, rebrands them to TM and changes their firmware which makes it extremely hard to find help online for that exact modem/router since its model is under their name. >:(>:(>:(

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

2 hours ago, U.Ho said:

Why do you want to setup QoS anyway?

I'm afraid I can't help setting it up, just curious.

Because I want to get stable bandwidth, at the same time not needing to cut off other people with their MAC addresses all the time :D

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

1 hour ago, Freezanator said:

Because I want to get stable bandwidth, at the same time not needing to cut off other people with their MAC addresses all the time :D

So you want to set your traffic to precede other traffic in the network?

From the looks of the pictures you provided, you'd want to setup a class with a filter with your source address and your destination address.

That way you get precedence over LAN.

I think you might want to set it up on the WAN side. That could prove to be more complex. QoS typically favors traffic per application, not per source or destination host. As your router or your ISP's router does a NAT, the QoS might not work with the source/destination with inbound traffic.