Roccat ISKU FX Gaming Keyboard Unboxing & Review

LinusTech

Honestly I didn't know what to expect from Roccat peripherals. I'd never really used them before, and when a few mice and a keyboard showed up I couldn't help but find myself thinking, "Do we really need another gaming peripheral manufacturer?"

In spite of my apprehension, Roccat DOES contribute some new and interesting features. Their tracking system has little achievements for using the peripherals and can also be used to optimize your keyboard layout for the best gaming expeirence. Their layout may not have the most dedicated macro keys out of any gaming keyboard I've ever encountered, but it's pretty high up there in terms of the USABLE macro keys due to the clever positioning of the thumb programmable buttons, and their Shuft+ is VERY VERY cool.

Roccat Talk also enables a new level of functionality by allowing you to press "shift" on your mouse OR your keyboard, then having it access secondary functionality on the OTHER device. The only caveat here was that it was pretty tricky to get configured in the software, and it is exclusive to mid-high end Roccat peripherals and won't work with your other stuff.

The other thing that keeps me from recommending the ISKU FX whole-heartedly is the build quality. It really doesn't feel like a $100+ keyboard. So while the functionality is a strong point, the actual typing experience pales in comparison to other similarly priced keyboard. Even for a membrane keyboard it really doesn't hold up very well, and when you start comparing it against mechanical....

Recommended with reservations (see above) award!

I bought a mechanical keyboard about a year ago and went into the electronics store a few days ago and was in the keyboard and mouse section and started trying out the keyboards, and wow, i could never go back to a membrane keyboard, it just feels so different its not natural to me anymore, when i first got my keyboard i didnt really notice that huge of a difference but now its night and day, Mechanical keyboards blow away the Membrane keyboards

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

• 1 year later...