Phanteks Enthoo Pro cooling

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
18 minutes ago, azza_01 said:

do you guys think if i add two extra exhaust on top will make it anyworse or better ? 

It would probably help cooling.

That being said, you should see how your temps are before deciding on whether or not to buy new fans. 

Hey guys i need some advice on getting the best case cooling for build i plan on doing. I will be using the  Phanteks Enthoo Pro  Case. It comes with 1X  200mm intake fan  FRONT, 1X 140MM EXHAUST REAR. Im thinking to add 2 X 140MM EXHAUST TOP.  Considering that my  CPU intel stock fan cooler and video card as both as intakes will his cooling be good. As far as i think my theory goes that this should create a neutral type pressure. Having a even of 3X intake fans and 3X exhaust fans . What do you guys think ? be appreciated cheers. 

Video card: MSI GTX 1060 ( Twin Frozr VI cooling )

CPU: I5 6500 (WITH STOCK FAN)

Case fans i intend to add:  2X PH-F140SP, a 140mm Premium fan

I have this case and im using the fans that came with it, they are pretty decent. Im using an H105 which is mounted up top exhausting air. But I would reall suggest an after market CPU cooler.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

18 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

I have this case and im using the fans that came with it, they are pretty decent. Im using an H105 which is mounted up top exhausting air. But I would reall suggest an after market CPU cooler.

There's need for an aftermarket cooler on a 6500 or more fans.

The stock fans should already be fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

There's need for an aftermarket cooler on a 6500 or more fans.

The stock fans should already be fine.

True, as long as he is ok with his temps. but a cheap CPU cooler isnt a bad idea, a tower cooler will help move air better?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

Just now, Wingfan said:

True, as long as he is ok with his temps. but a cheap CPU cooler isnt a bad idea, a tower cooler will help move air better?

The stock cooler is plenty for keeping temps in check for a 6500.

There will always be better cooling options but having more than necessary doesn't really do anything. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

do you guys think if i add two extra exhaust on top will make it anyworse or better ? 

4 minutes ago, azza_01 said:

are your temps high? is this why your asking?

Just now, Wingfan said:

are your temps high? is this why your asking?

this is for a pc i plan to build. So im just trying to get few ideas for when i build it .

18 minutes ago, azza_01 said:

It would probably help cooling.

That being said, you should see how your temps are before deciding on whether or not to buy new fans. 

1 hour ago, azza_01 said:

exhaust on top is a bad idea. it starves the cooler of airflow. i was running exhaust with the stock cooler and i hit ~80C under load. swapping the fan to intake dropped it to ~75C

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558