Fractal Design Define S Fan Config

AimlessFlame

First of all here is my future build:http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRy7wV

The case comes with 2x140mm fans and I will be buying one more of the same type. How and in which slots should I position each of the fans? Will 3x140mm fans be enough to get good temps?

Put 2 fans in the bottom front,for positive pressure.

the other fan in the top back,because heat rises.the fan on you cpu heat sink should have the fan in the front and be blowing air thruog the heatsink

10 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

Put 2 fans in the bottom front,for positive pressure.

the other fan in the top back,because heat rises.the fan on you cpu heat sink should have the fan in the front and be blowing air thruog the heatsink

So only 3 fans is good?What if I do 1 in the back 1 top back and 1 bottom front? Thanks!

2 in lower front and 1 in the rear of case, use the moduvent system it has to block all three of the top vents to maximize silence. Three fans should be fine for a normal amount of cooling, just add more over time if required.

CPU: Intel i9 9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000MHz CL15 GPU: Gigabyte 1080Ti Windforce w/ AIO Liquid cooler Case: Fractal Design Define S Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NVME, 1TB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB SanDisk Ultra II, 2TB Samsung 860 QVO PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W Display: 1440p 144Hz Acer XG270HU CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Logitech G Pro TKL Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless Sound: Fiio E10k + Sennheiser HD6xx + Logitech Desktop Tower Speakers OS: Windows 10 Home

13 hours ago, Schrodingers Kat said:

2 in lower front and 1 in the rear of case, use the moduvent system it has to block all three of the top vents to maximize silence. Three fans should be fine for a normal amount of cooling, just add more over time if required.

Rear or top which is better? Alright, thanks!