what does this commend mean

hello guys small question here, i can't understand what this means         ' torify curl ifconfig.me command'

Test torify

This should show you your public IP:

$ curl ifconfig.me 

This should show a completely different IP (and outputs torify error messages to /dev/null):

$ torify curl ifconfig.me 2> /dev/null 

Well it basically outputs your IP from torify to screen. Not sure. Never used tor or torify. 

Why do you need to run this command? 

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Test torify

This should show you your public IP:

$ curl ifconfig.me 

This should show a completely different IP (and outputs torify error messages to /dev/null):

$ torify curl ifconfig.me 2> /dev/null 

Well it basically outputs your IP from torify to screen. Not sure. Never used tor or torify. 

Why do you need to run this command? 

i follow i tutorial that teachs me how to stay anonymous over the web 

1- i installed tor 

2-lauched tor service 

3-choosed dynamic chains 

4-it didn't wanted to work so i  searched for like 1 day until i found a tutorial that at first asks me to d othe same things but have additional steps 

5-get here and see by yourself http://timweb.fr/2016/01/16/kali-linux-2-0-installer-et-configurer-tor-avec-proxychains/     well i did this command puut a password on tor and then copied the 16 numbers to torrc it's all in details in the link can you tell me what the hell did i do and what was wrong with my config ?because  this is what i'm trying to figure out i hate to follow instructions without knowing what i'm doing  

1 minute ago, ilyas001 said:

i follow i tutorial that teachs me how to stay anonymous over the web 

1- i installed tor 

2-lauched tor service 

3-choosed dynamic chains 

4-it didn't wanted to work so i  searched for like 1 day until i found a tutorial that at first asks me to d othe same things but have additional steps 

5-get here and see by yourself http://timweb.fr/2016/01/16/kali-linux-2-0-installer-et-configurer-tor-avec-proxychains/     well i did this command puut a password on tor and then copied the 16 numbers to torrc it's all in details in the link can you tell me what the hell did i do and what was wrong with my config ?because  this is what i'm trying to figure out i hate to follow instructions without knowing what i'm doing  

the command is for testing only. not sure. 

Pour tester si Tor est bien installé et configuré nous allons faire un petit test :

which thanks to Google means

To test if Tor is installed and configured we will do a little test:

yeah but i used alot of dns leak online testers and i wasn't anonymouse at all then i just run this command run this command and the test work or maybe it was those 16 numbers that i copied in the torrc maybe i should had tested in between damn . anyway bro do you know what those 16: stand for ?