Windows Home Server 2012 Build

Socky

So for my Home Server I am looking at backing up all my computers (all the computer together are around 1TB and the setup is 2TB x 2 in Raid 1) Then I will have a 240gb Intel 520 SSD for my boot drive. For storage a 3TB HDD to share between my computers. I have 3 computers mine, dad's, and sister, I am going to have 500gb each (All HDD are WD Red drives I'm not familiar with Seagate's HDD's for consumer grade drives). That leaves 1.5TB for another idea. I plan on putting a TV Tuner into the computer I am going to put in a Hauppauge HVR 1250. I am hoping to hit two birds with one stone by doing a Home Server/Media Center and I am not sure it will work.

Here's my full part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/J6mN

The HDD, SSD, Raid Card, TV Tuner, and Case are at the bottom because PCPartbuilder doesnt have WD Red drives, nor the Silverstone ML03, OR Raid cards. So i had to add them in as custom.

Project Restomod (In progress)

Why such a big boot disk?

Why the keyboard?

Why the CPU cooler?

Those three components can either be cut back or removed to save you money. You can also drop back the CPU even more and not notice any difference in performance.

Why such a big boot disk?

Why the keyboard?

Why the CPU cooler?

Those three components can either be cut back or removed to save you money. You can also drop back the CPU even more and not notice any difference in performance.

Okay I guess i could go for a 120gb SSD, and for the keyboard since I said i wanted it to be Media PC (btw does it work like that, not too familiar with Home Server 2012), I want the system to run cool but if the stock fan is fine then I could drop it. Also I could do a A8 or should I go Intel and get an i3 3240?

Project Restomod (In progress)