fx4300 overclocking

Anir

Right now I m at 4.8ghz at 1.450V stable. I was wondering if I could get to 5.0ghz. I tried it out at 1.48V but showed possible hardware failure in the AMD overdrive stability test. I think 5ghz will be stable at 1.5V, but is it safe. I have a MSI 970A-G43 motherboard. Also if I try it out, will it cause some damage, or the system will just shut down to prevent damage.

14 minutes ago, Anir said:

Right now I m at 4.8ghz at 1.450V stable. I was wondering if I could get to 5.0ghz. I tried it out at 1.48V but showed possible hardware failure in the AMD overdrive stability test. I think 5ghz will be stable at 1.5V, but is it safe. I have a MSI 970A-G43 motherboard. Also if I try it out, will it cause some damage, or the system will just shut down to prevent damage.

what are you using to cool it? If overdrive is saying that then it is probably better not to push it much more.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

10 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

what are you using to cool it? If overdrive is saying that then it is probably better not to push it much more.

I m using the wraith cooler

Your motherboard is crap for overclocking, turn down the overclock or risk literally killing/frying/igniting your motherboard really fast since it doesn't have a VRM heatsink and a low amount of power phases which is a horrible combo for the AM3+ socket and heavy overclocking. I'm not joking around or being over the top.

14 minutes ago, vagabond139 said:

Your motherboard is crap for overclocking, turn down the overclock or risk literally killing/frying/igniting your motherboard really fast since it doesn't have a VRM heatsink and a low amount of power phases which is a horrible combo for the AM3+ and heavy overclocking. I'm not joking around or being over the top.

this is true my ud3 has a beefy heat sink and if I don't turn my rear fan up my vrm easily hit 100+c

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´