Will it fit?

Ok, I know the main difference between the Noctua NH-D15 and the D15s is the design. the D15s is made to fit better and be more compatible with motherboards. Now I plan on getting one of them for my new build, but will the D15 fit in an Asus Z170-A motherboard?

I don't see why not. Which cpu and case?

30 minutes ago, prostrike33 said:

Ok, I know the main difference between the Noctua NH-D15 and the D15s is the design. the D15s is made to fit better and be more compatible with motherboards. Now I plan on getting one of them for my new build, but will the D15 fit in an Asus Z170-A motherboard?

It will fit but you're going to need low profile ram.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

34 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

I don't see why not. Which cpu and case?

Intel core i7 6700k

Fractal Design Define S

1 minute ago, prostrike33 said:

I take it then that the  G.SKIL Ripjaws V series ram I plan on getting won't fit.

RAM: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/3CdFf7/gskill-ripjaws-v-series-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f4-3000c15d-16gvkb

You might be able to get away with that ram by mounting the front fan a bit higher if it allows that.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, vong said:

You might be able to get away with that ram by mounting the front fan a bit higher if it allows that.

Ah. might just get a D15s then. The Ripjaws was the best ddr4-3000 ram I could find at that price. If I decide on a low profile ram, I would go with a ddr4-2400 or 2133

1 minute ago, prostrike33 said:

Ah. might just get a D15s then. The Ripjaws was the best ddr4-3000 ram I could find at that price. If I decide on a low profile ram, I would go with a ddr4-2400 or 2133

Have you actually got that ram already? Because ram speed isn't that big a deal, people usually say go for cheaper lower speed ram over higher speed ram.

Just now, vong said:

Have you actually got that ram already? Because ram speed isn't that big a deal, people usually say go for cheaper lower speed ram over higher speed ram.

No haven't got it yet. If it's a lot cheaper, then I'll probably spring for lower speed ram. But the price of that ram was about the same as a lower-end one ($2 more for the ddr4-3000 over the ddr4-2400)