Recovery partition corrupted

Yongtjunkit

Hi, I was wondering if my recovery partition of my pc is corrupted.  On my asus laptop, in order to get into the recovery mode is to press f9. The recovery mode can't boot into safe mode it keeps showing preparing automatic repair(upon selecting restart to advance option but windows 8 recovery environment used to work fine with Windows 10 ). It can't even load system restore. I believe that's the windows 8 recovery partition(the os I'm running now is windows 10). Tried booting of usb and can't load safe mode as it doesn't provide the option.

9 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Hi, I was wondering if my recovery partition of my pc is corrupted.  On my asus laptop, in order to get into the recovery mode is to press f9. The recovery mode can't boot into safe mode it keeps showing preparing automatic repair(upon selecting restart to advance option but windows 8 recovery environment used to work fine with Windows 10 ). It can't even load system restore. I believe that's the windows 8 recovery partition(the os I'm running now is windows 10). Tried booting of usb and can't load safe mode as it doesn't provide the option.

welcome to windows. i doubt its corrupted, if nothings wrong dont screw around with recovery. If it aint broke dont fix it man

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

16 minutes ago, rtpb5642 said:

welcome to windows. i doubt its corrupted, if nothings wrong dont screw around with recovery. If it aint broke dont fix it man

Have a problem yesterday( windows won't boot) so I need to clean install Windows 10, would be great if I can fix it

5 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Have a problem yesterday( windows won't boot) so I need to clean install Windows 10, would be great if I can fix it

Rebuild the BCD etc in recovery that usually helps alot

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

1 hour ago, rtpb5642 said:

Rebuild the BCD etc in recovery that usually helps alot

What does bcd do and how to do it?

8 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

What does bcd do and how to do it?

google rebuild bcd in recovery, there are many guides, i couldnt tell you how to do it off the top of my head sorry

20 minutes ago, rtpb5642 said:

google rebuild bcd in recovery, there are many guides, i couldnt tell you how to do it off the top of my head sorry

Basically does it fix the windows 8 recovery partition which is corrupted? Because I've reinstalled windows 10

RebuildBCD is an option for the command bootrec (called fixboot in Windows XP). You need to boot into recovery environment and then select "Command Prompt". A CLI prompt will open in drive letter X. Note that this command is not available in a regular command prompt. Type the following commands:

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Hope this helps :)

18 hours ago, Lehti said:

RebuildBCD is an option for the command bootrec (called fixboot in Windows XP). You need to boot into recovery environment and then select "Command Prompt". A CLI prompt will open in drive letter X. Note that this command is not available in a regular command prompt. Type the following commands:

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Hope this helps :)

I'll try it out as soon as possible. Hope it fixes it and I could boot into safe mode