Whats a good silent fan setup?

TubsAlwaysWins

What are good fans and fan controllers for a silent build? I don't want anything by Noctua because poo brown doesn't fit the theme. Are BeQuiet fans good?

The CPU cooler will be a BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 and the motherboard will be a MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon, and the case will be the Phantex Evolv TG. I plan to have all 5 140mm fans in the case running at the lowest RPM possible, as well as the 2 CPU fans as low as possible. So should I use some of my old Noctua fan splitters on some fans since I only get 5 4-pin headers? Thanks

Breaking things 1 day at a time

If you plan on having all fan mounts filled, it lessens the need to have fans with both low noise and high cfm, but bequiet silent wings 140mm pwm are a good option on non-rad applications, and would nicely compliment the dark rock because brand reasons (not to be interpreted as replacing the cooler fans)

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

1 hour ago, meenmeen1103 said:

If you plan on having all fan mounts filled, it lessens the need to have fans with both low noise and high cfm, but bequiet silent wings 140mm pwm are a good option on non-rad applications, and would nicely compliment the dark rock because brand reasons (not to be interpreted as replacing the cooler fans)

Ok thanks. For a fan controller should I just use splitters and my MOBO?

1 minute ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Ok thanks. For a fan controller should I just use splitters and my MOBO?

Provided they are 4-pin and you run out of mobo connectors, yeah. Could nicely run both front fans from one header, same with two top fans, even both cooler fans. Although, I'd avoid running all fans at lowest setting and have the front fans running faster than exhaust to promote positive air pressure to attempt to keep dust accumulation down some. 

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Just now, meenmeen1103 said:

Provided they are 4-pin and you run out of mobo connectors, yeah. Could nicely run both front fans from one header, same with two top fans, even both cooler fans. Although, I'd avoid running all fans at lowest setting and have the front fans running faster than exhaust to promote positive air pressure to attempt to keep dust accumulation down some. 

I would probably do the front two and back 1 as intake and the top two as exaust (To help my OCD with the cooler logo)

2 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

I would probably do the front two and back 1 as intake and the top two as exaust (To help my OCD with the cooler logo)

That would work well, assuming the cooler aims the air upwards. Could possibly have dust enter through rear fan but may not be an issue for you depending. Then there's always this option or similar

http://www.demcifilter.com/p0005/140mm-Square-Computer-Dust-Filter.aspx

Just now, meenmeen1103 said:

That would work well, assuming the cooler aims the air upwards. Could possibly have dust enter through rear fan but may not be an issue for you depending. Then there's always this option or similar

http://www.demcifilter.com/p0005/140mm-Square-Computer-Dust-Filter.aspx

Yeah I might do that. Basically fans as slow as can be