SLI Temps

Random32
22 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

yes your origional idea was negative pressure. but mine (with one exhaust and 3-4 intakes. positive pressure supposedly keeps out more dust. but to be honest with that many fans positive pressure doesn't matter. you're going to get a lot of dust flowing through.

Which is why a case with filters is a good idea. 

And @Random32was correct, the post he quoted was negative pressure. 

What I'd recommend is this:

Phanteks P400

Front: 2x (or 3x) 120mm fans (in)

Rear: 1x 120mm fan (out)
Top: 1x (or 2x) 120mm (or 140mm) fans (in)

I happen to know he has quite a few 120mm fans, and I have one nice 120mm from corsair I can give him as well. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

Which is why a case with filters is a good idea. 

And @Random32was correct, the post he quoted was negative pressure. 

What I'd recommend is this:

Phanteks P400

Front: 2x (or 3x) 120mm fans (in)

Rear: 1x 120mm fan (out)
Top: 1x (or 2x) 120mm (or 140mm) fans (in)

I happen to know he has quite a few 120mm fans, and I have one nice 120mm from corsair I can give him as well. 

ah yes but that was me explaining how his configuration would work.
Totally agree with that configuration though. Phanteks FTW

1 minute ago, Beeeyeee said:

ah yes but that was me explaining how his configuration would work.
Totally agree with that configuration though. Phanteks FTW

Another issue of his is this: both 660s are long, and the bottom one happens to block 4 of his 6 SATA ports (all ports stick up). He has 3 drives...

Currently there is a right angle cable plugged into it, but the whole thing makes cable management a mess. Should he try to swap GPUs? or just get a SATA PCIe card?

(I have a friend who offered to sell him his ASUS R9 380x for $150)

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

Another issue of his is this: both 660s are long, and the bottom one happens to block 4 of his 6 SATA ports (all ports stick up). He has 3 drives...

Currently there is a right angle cable plugged into it, but the whole thing makes cable management a mess. Should he try to swap GPUs? or just get a SATA PCIe card?

(I have a friend who offered to sell him his ASUS R9 380x for $150)

I'd honestly say just upgrade the GPU's. if everything else works thats all you need! and SLI isn't always supported. that way you'll have less heat and energy consumption. depending on the GPU even more performance! by adding a raid card you add the potential for a lot more failure points and complications. I would personally avoid that. but its up to you!

Just now, Beeeyeee said:

I'd honestly say just upgrade the GPU's. if everything else works thats all you need! and SLI isn't always supported. that way you'll have less heat and energy consumption. depending on the GPU even more performance! by adding a raid card you add the potential for a lot more failure points and complications. I would personally avoid that. but its up to you!

Well, it's up to @Random32, not me. 

Thank you for your advice. 

Solitaire.