GPU advice

skkler

I am looking to build a new system and was wanting to try some new brands and what not. And I came across one calles Galax. And im just curious what are some inputs about it compared to other lolike msi and such?

If you're going to buy a high-end card, buy from a known brand. 

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

8 minutes ago, skkler said:

I am looking to build a new system and was wanting to try some new brands and what not. And I came across one calles Galax. And im just curious what are some inputs about it compared to other lolike msi and such?

Galax is a good brand, on par with any other more well known one.

Or rather, I should change that to Galax is only poorly known in the US, but it's a big brand in other places.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

8 minutes ago, skkler said:

This brand is fine.

11 minutes ago, skkler said:

From Galax I can only recommend the Hall Of Fame cards, they're one of the best. Otherwise you can go with Zotac or MSI.

11 minutes ago, skkler said:

Galax is a solid brand. They are well known for their Hall of Fame series of GPU's. They don't really exist in NA, but that doesn't mean they're an unknown brand or anything. They're quite popular in many other places.