My Motorola Rant (Not about Lenovo Buyout)

Jason Betts

Warning: this post is a rant.

I really feel like Motorola is dicking me around. Well, not me specifically, but customers in general. I love my Moto X Pure, but as a geek I work my smartphones hard, and it's hard to keep one working well after a year or so. Unlike those people who upgrade each year because they like burning money, I do it because my constant app installs and heavy use destroy my daily driver quickly. 

I would like to keep myself loyal to Motorola, since they've treated me well up 'til now and offer products I like, but this has been ridiculous! I just want to buy a Moto Z Force 64GB GSM unlocked phone, but here in the states they've made a deal with the mobile devil and only sell a V****** locked CDMA version. Up north in Canada it's not available yet, and in the UK they don't sell a 64 GB version, plus they add restrictions on the mailing address to keep from angering the aforementioned mobile devil. 

I want to give you my money, Motorola, but I can't because you feel the need to cock things up with your arbitrary carrior restrictions. No one else is currently offering a shatterproof display that I am aware of, but I'll give up technology before I start paying $400+ a month for my heavy data usage on V******. 

Man, life is hard enough in my first world middle class American household, why you gotta go and do this to me, Motorola? 

An update, I did find someone selling it on eBay for a reasonable mark up, but I don't like the idea of buying a new phone from eBay.