Ram update notebook

Lucaz97

Hi LTT! 

I would like to improve my laptop (Aspire V5-571-323b4g50Mass) Ram (now it has 4Gb of ram), but I wanna make sure I buy the right one, so...

This is a pic of the slot:

RamSlotLaptop.jpeg

I checked the model online and the Acer website says that it supports up to 8gb of ddr3 sdram therefor i woud like to upgrade with a new 4 gb stick and get 8gb total ram. The problem is that on Amazon there are a tons of different stick models and they all SODIMM (is it the same of sdram? i have no idea 9_9)  and I am afraid I will have compatibility issues, 

Is there someone so kind to help me out? 

Thanks!! 

Intel i7 6700k @4.6 1.330v  cooled with H110i GT // 16Gb Kingston Fury DDR4 ram @2133MHz // Rx 480 Nitro+ // 2TB + 1 TB Hdd  // 250 GbSSD // on an Asus Z170-A // powered with Corsair RM750i // all  inside a Corsair 600C

If you remove the 4 GB stick that is currently installed, there's probably a manufacturer's label on the other side of it.  That could provide you with basic memory type, speed and timing information.  If not, it will have a model number that you can reference in your search for the correct memory.

8 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

If you remove the 4 GB stick that is currently installed, there's probably a manufacturer's label on the other side of it.  That could provide you with basic memory type, speed and timing information.  If not, it will have a model number that you can reference in your search for the correct memory.

Thanks, I found something that looks like a part number but googeing it didnt find anything...

i installed speccy to see if i could get some information out of it... It says that it is a 666Mhz one but i dont know if it's right, it also says that there are 4 slots but there are clearly 2 not 4....

If it is really 666Mhz it might be worth to remove it and add either 2 new 4gb or one 8gb of some more decent speed... 

Intel i7 6700k @4.6 1.330v  cooled with H110i GT // 16Gb Kingston Fury DDR4 ram @2133MHz // Rx 480 Nitro+ // 2TB + 1 TB Hdd  // 250 GbSSD // on an Asus Z170-A // powered with Corsair RM750i // all  inside a Corsair 600C

1 minute ago, Lucaz97 said:

Thanks, I found something that looks like a part number but googeing it didnt find anything...

i installed speccy to see if i could get some information out of it... It says that it is a 666Mhz one but i dont know if it's right, it also says that there are 4 slots but there are clearly 2 not 4....

worst case scenario you could just buy a single 8gb dimm and replace the existing 4gb one

"I take great pride in my humility" -Me

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1614 ($629 with sales)
  • Games owned: 126
  • Games played: 111 (88%)
  • Hours on record: 3,483.3h

2 minutes ago, Lucaz97 said:

If it is really 666Mhz it might be worth to remove it and add either 2 new 4gb or one 8gb of some more decent speed... 

If it says 666MHz on it, then it is DDR3 1333.  DDR stands for Double Data Rate.

Can you post a picture of the label so we can help you search for the correct RAM?

Just now, DolphinOps said:

worst case scenario you could just buy a single 8gb dimm and replace the existing 4gb one

I was just editing my post lol.... 

Yes i might do it, do you confirm that i need sodimm ? coz the only thing i fount is sdram, on the spreadsheet it doesnt say sodimm

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

If it says 666MHz on it, then it is DDR3 1333.  DDR stands for Double Data Rate.

Can you post a picture of the label so we can help you search for the correct RAM?

the label is the one on top in the main picture, i can take a new one if it is not readable ... 

Just now, Lucaz97 said:

the label is the one on top in the main picture, i can take a new one if it is not readable ... 

The label on the other side of the RAM stick.  

Just now, Lucaz97 said:

I was just editing my post lol.... 

Yes i might do it, do you confirm that i need sodimm ? coz the only thing i fount is sdram, on the spreadsheet it doesnt say sodimm

Sodimm just means laptop ram. From what I can see in the picture it looks like ddr3 1333 so you'll need something like this

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

The label on the other side of the RAM stick.  

RamStick.jpg

Just now, Lucaz97 said:

Damn it is not avilabe on amazon.it

In theory any ddr3 1333 will work...