Server Help

lopj245

I have a dream. I want every computer in my house to be frozen. All except mine ofc. However I want to be able to save a version on the server and every time the computer is powered on I want it to be reformatted to the backup from day one. How can I do this. I can do file servers and media servers but I've never dabbled in this area.   I am also aware that deep freeze exists. 

1 minute ago, Maihym said:

Why would you want this?

Why not? And a project 

5 minutes ago, lopj245 said:

I have a dream. I want every computer in my house to be frozen. All except mine ofc. However I want to be able to save a version on the server and every time the computer is powered on I want it to be reformatted to the backup from day one. How can I do this. I can do file servers and media servers but I've never dabbled in this area.   I am also aware that deep freeze exists. 

use unraid and find all the necessary plugin and apps to make it work. There are cheaper and better solutions but that would require you to know Linux pretty well

-

1 minute ago, asapansh said:

use unraid and find all the necessary plugin and apps to make it work. There are cheaper and better solutions but that would require you to know Linux pretty well

I've thought about using unraid before but I have no experience with it. 

Just now, lopj245 said:

-

I've thought about using unraid before but I have no experience with it. 

its very easy thats why i would recommend it. also, the gui makes it soooo much easier than diving right into the deep server stuff

its very easy thats why i would recommend it. also, the gui makes it soooo much easier than diving right into the deep server stuff

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help.

Clonezilla - has all the features you are looking for. Not turn key nor easy for beginners but there are are lots of tutorials. Majority done through a GUI iirc. Also free! :-)