Windows 10 issues

Hey, guys.

So, I got home today to play some games after work, but when I booted up my pc, I found that the audio service isn't working. I've been searching around with no luck on how to fix this, and so now I turn to you guys.

I appreciate any help in advance.

6 minutes ago, IamPROJECT said:

Hey, guys.

So, I got home today to play some games after work, but when I booted up my pc, I found that the audio service isn't working. I've been searching around with no luck on how to fix this, and so now I turn to you guys.

Try heading to Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs > Right click on your speaker > Disable
Then enable it again.

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

42 minutes ago, IamPROJECT said:

Hey, guys.

if your running the 1607 update's on  win 10 i had to reinstall my drivers for audio they were borked after the update

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

1 hour ago, gamerking said:

if your running the 1607 update's on  win 10 i had to reinstall my drivers for audio they were borked after the update

I dunno about updates or whatever but ^^^^^ in general always check drivers when this sort of problem comes up cuz its probably that 9/10 times

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae

2 hours ago, gamerking said:

That must be it. I just don't know which audio drivers to reinstall. It said that Windows Audio Service isn't running, so I'm not sure if there is a driver from windows I need to update.

2 hours ago, IamPROJECT said:

That must be it. I just don't know which audio drivers to reinstall. It said that Windows Audio Service isn't running, so I'm not sure if there is a driver from windows I need to update.

is it a custom built pc or prebuilt if its a prebuilt go to the brands site and find the model then find audio drivers if you got a service tag ect that will lead you to the right model and setup

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS