League of Legends random frame drops

lorddjj

When playing league I usually get frame drops (no matter the setting) it will go from 80 to 0 then to 12 for a few second then back to 80. No matter the settings. I have done everything software wise to fix it. I have reinstalled league, nividia drivers and even windows but the problem persists. 

My specs 

AMD 8350 non over clock stock 4ghz

Gtx 970 msi blue edition

Asus m5a97 pro (was a better mobo when released) 

650 watt corsair cx Psu 

Wd black 2 ssd, 500gb raid 0 array, and 2 tb  enterprise grade Hitachi drive. 

I can't possibly Imagen it's a software issue when I have reinstalled windows 2 times, my max fps I can get is 300 I cap it at 80 to see if that helped, it didn't. A 970 should easily handle this, even when alot of things are happening it will randomly drop a frame then give low fps for 2 seconds or so, it is purely random. My only thought would be to move the position of the card from the top slot to the second slot, I have allready reset the cpu to see if that was the problem. Or maybe a dirty power issue. Any suggestions / help would be really appreciated, I have had the problem for maybe 2 year, I need to solve it now because I am trying to push for diamond this season and I am apart of a competing team now, cant have hardware issue in a really important game,

I use 2 monitors there cheep Asus ones 1920x1080 one is connected with hdmi and the one I game on is digital Dvi. 

Thanks in advanced, 

1 minute ago, lorddjj said:

When playing league I usually get frame drops (no matter the setting) it will go from 80 to 0 then to 12 for a few second then back to 80. No matter the settings. I have done everything software wise to fix it. I have reinstalled league, nividia drivers and even windows but the problem persists. 

My specs 

AMD 8350 non over clock stock 4ghz

Gtx 970 msi blue edition

Asus m5a97 pro (was a better mobo when released) 

650 watt corsair cx Psu 

Wd black 2 ssd, 500gb raid 0 array, and 2 tb  enterprise grade Hitachi drive. 

I can't possibly Imagen it's a software issue when I have reinstalled windows 2 times, my max fps I can get is 300 I cap it at 80 to see if that helped, it didn't. A 970 should easily handle this, even when alot of things are happening it will randomly drop a frame then give low fps for 2 seconds or so, it is purely random. My only thought would be to move the position of the card from the top slot to the second slot, I have allready reset the cpu to see if that was the problem. Or maybe a dirty power issue. Any suggestions / help would be really appreciated, I have had the problem for maybe 2 year, I need to solve it now because I am trying to push for diamond this season and I am apart of a competing team now, cant have hardware issue in a really important game,

I use 2 monitors there cheep Asus ones 1920x1080 one is connected with hdmi and the one I game on is digital Dvi. 

Thanks in advanced, 

Well my thoughts on it are why do you have a gtx 970 for LOL?

Update all of your drivers. It might be a game issue too. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

3 minutes ago, lorddjj said:

- -

What are you doing on the second monitor while you play?  If you have not tried this, disable the second monitor and play an ARAM or something.

You specs are fine, so something has to be faulty.

10 minutes ago, Wolfcubware said:

Well my thoughts on it are why do you have a gtx 970 for LOL?

It not just for lol it's for my games in general, I just happened to get GUD at league so now I mainly play that

1 minute ago, lorddjj said:

It not just for lol it's for my games in general, I just happened to get GUD at league so now I mainly play that

ok xD

12 minutes ago, stconquest said:

What are you doing on the second monitor while you play?  If you have not tried this, disable the second monitor and play an ARAM or something.

I haven't but I need it when I stream to see chat and voice coms, it's more of a luxury but I  more or less need it. I'll give it a shot though

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

ok i just tired it and nope, didnt help at all 

33 minutes ago, lorddjj said:

ok i just tired it and nope, didnt help at all 

Ok, good... Try to find the easiest factors to eliminate.  Trial and error, one-by-one.

Is heat an issue?  Have you dusted out your case?

43 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Ok, good... Try to find the easiest factors to eliminate.  Trial and error, one-by-one.

Is heat an issue?  Have you dusted out your case?

ok i just cleaned it out an no luck, still have the random frame drops

30 minutes ago, lorddjj said:

ok i just cleaned it out an no luck, still have the random frame drops

You can start by logging the hardware performance of your PC during a game.  MSI afterburner will do this.  It might help you pinpoint what area of your machine is malfunctioning.

On 9/23/2016 at 6:57 PM, stconquest said:

You can start by logging the hardware performance of your PC during a game.  MSI afterburner will do this.  It might help you pinpoint what area of your machine is malfunctioning.

i have tried everything i can think of, from simply cleaning it out to over volting the cpu and gpu to see if its a stablity problem, i dont know what to do. my first competive match is on sunday, i just dont wana loose due to lag. i have seen a shit load of pepole with a similar problem in all games like i am having but none give a answer. some say the cpu is causing a bottle neck, which it shouldnt because a 8350 is equal to a i5 3330k. l litteraly have no clue what the problem is. 

19 minutes ago, lorddjj said:

i have tried everything i can think of, from simply cleaning it out to over volting the cpu and gpu to see if its a stablity problem, i dont know what to do. my first competive match is on sunday, i just dont wana loose due to lag. i have seen a shit load of pepole with a similar problem in all games like i am having but none give a answer. some say the cpu is causing a bottle neck, which it shouldnt because a 8350 is equal to a i5 3330k. l litteraly have no clue what the problem is. 

Have you tried to log your game in MSI Afterburner?  It is important to try to diagnose where the actual issue is.

Here is my PC during an ARAM, i5 3570K + R9 280.  The highest my CPU goes on any single core is 51% (I have it highlighted), and only during a short spike.  The very beginning and ending spikes, are from entering and exiting the game.

vfVTgAo.png

18 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Have you tried to log your game in MSI Afterburner?  It is important to try to diagnose where the actual issue is.

Here is my PC during an ARAM, i5 3570K + R9 280.  The highest my CPU goes on any single core is 51% (I have it highlighted), and only during a short spike.  The very beginning and ending spikes, are from entering and exiting the game.

vfVTgAo.png

here is a screen shot of the logs the game was 20 minutes or so 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

1 hour ago, lorddjj said:

here is a screen shot of the logs the game was 20 minutes or so

Screenshot_3.png

CPU 8 is over 90% a lot of the time.  That is probably your problem.

1.  You can try to change what CPU core the game uses.

2.  You can overclock.

3.  You can buy an Intel CPU/motherboard/RAM:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($19.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($51.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $305.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-30 22:35 EDT-0400

Note:  A 4GHz FX CPU core is like a 2.5GHz Intel (Skylake) CPU core... and sometimes less stable.

15 hours ago, stconquest said:

2.  You can overclock.

Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($51.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Note:  A 4GHz FX CPU core is like a 2.5GHz Intel (Skylake) CPU core... and sometimes less stable.

dam i kinda thought that was a problem , so either somehow get the game to use mutliple cores or just upgrade to a stronger cpu? i have overclocked it befor but heat has become a problem, i live in florida its hot basicly all year long , and the case i switched is a oven. i had a small overclock of 4.3 ghz befor but it still had the problem.

15 hours ago, stconquest said:

2.  You can overclock.

do you know how i would make windows spread the usage to mutiple cores ? 

3 hours ago, lorddjj said:

do you know how i would make windows spread the usage to mutiple cores ? 

No.  But if you go into the Task Manager (this is Windows 7):

1.  Processes

2.  Find the LOL process, you might have to run a custom game and tab out.

3.  Right-Click on the LOL process (make sure you have the right one). 

4.  Under the "Set Priority" make sure it is "High"... and under "Set Affinity" you can choose the cores that LOL uses.  Play around with affinity.

You can always go out and buy a cooler.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/93Crxr/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

Leave the side panel off of the case and overclock a bit.

On 10/1/2016 at 6:04 PM, stconquest said:

No.  But if you go into the Task Manager (this is Windows 7):

1.  Processes

2.  Find the LOL process, you might have to run a custom game and tab out.

3.  Right-Click on the LOL process (make sure you have the right one). 

4.  Under the "Set Priority" make sure it is "High"... and under "Set Affinity" you can choose the cores that LOL uses.  Play around with affinity.

You can always go out and buy a cooler.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/93Crxr/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

Leave the side panel off of the case and overclock a bit.

i did the affinity thing and it worked, but every time i open league it rests it. do you know how to write a batch file that changes afinity of a process?, what i will do is go in task schedular and everytime it reads league.exe (example) it will run the batch file 10 seconds after or so. 

29 minutes ago, lorddjj said:

i did the affinity thing and it worked, but every time i open league it rests it. do you know how to write a batch file that changes afinity of a process?, what i will do is go in task schedular and everytime it reads league.exe (example) it will run the batch file 10 seconds after or so. 

Nope, I have never done that.

On 10/3/2016 at 11:36 AM, stconquest said:

Nope, I have never done that.

crapo, the affinity thing didnot work so well , i have even gotten my overclock up to 4,4 @  1.4 volt with ok midly high temps but nothing crazy, in game there 40c in stress test it hit 60c but i wont be doing crazy stuff like that much, but it still hasnt gotten any better