First build since windows 95

pcsr4me

Hello to all members,

It is time for a new PC. My current HP desktop is now 5 years old and is starting to slow down and is also having display problems. I decided to build rather than to buy an off the shelf pc since it wouldn't be the same quality as if I  selected all the parts and assembled it  myself. I have priced off the shelf pc's at over $1000.00 for just the tower and I don't want windows 8.

It wasn't easy to scrape the money together to make this build possible so if any of the parts seem overkill or under kill I was just going by the knowledge that I have and modeling after some other builds I have seen. 

Case Cooler Master HAF XM

PSU Corsair AX860I

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R. 2.0 (replaces Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 Rev. 3.0 Not compatible with CPU)

AMD FX-9370 (FX-8350 was out of stock when I was ordering so I went for the 9370

SSD Corsair Neutron 64 GB for Windows 7 Prof.

SSD 2 Corsair Neutron 128 GB for programs

HDD Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB (I own this hard drive, have it from old netgear router)

Memory G Skill Sniper (2x8 GB DDR3-1866 PC3 14900

Coolding Corsair H100i

GPU Sapphire Radeon HD7870

Pioneer Blu ray DVD CD Drive

Some items may not be suitable for all and since this will not be used for gaming or over clocking at this time I tried to put all this together along with the knowledge I have picked up from magazines and the internet.

Most of the Items are from Corsair and I purchased them so that I could take advantage of Corsair Link Software.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, I am waiting for a refund on the Gigabyte moitherboard and then I will purchase the Asus motherboard locally.

So there you have it in a nut shell or rather a Computer case. When all the things listed above will fit in a nut shell, I don't think I'll be walking on this earth.

That's all for now, will post when I get the Asus montherboard and get put together.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to go for a 240GB Neutron rather then two seperate SSD's? 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

AMD FX-9370 this CPU needs 220 W and is 32 nm and costs 300$ :D

http://shop.amd.com/us/All/Detail/Processor/FD9370FHHKWOF

in your place i would buy i7 4770k (22nm and 84 W) and  be happy with more powerfull CPU and much less electrisity bill :)

it costs 334$ http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-4770K-Quad-Core-Processor-BX80646I74770K/dp/B00CO8TBQ0

but consums almost 1/3 of that AMD and is more powerfull :)

if you need you can easily OC it on that h100 to 4.5/4.6 ghz for 24/7 

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

i would get a better gpu more like a r9 series card and i would get some/a samsung ssd 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Another thing I don't get is this

Some items may not be suitable for all and since this will not be used for gaming

Why even bother paying so much for a CPU? You could save quite a lot of money choosing maybe a 8320 or even going for something like a FX6300, you would also save on the PSU etc. etc. 

I don't want to say that this build is bad, but when it's not used for gaming or editing, why even bother going this far on hardware. I dare to say that this build could use quite a lot of streamlining!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Another thing I don't get is this

Why even bother paying so much for a CPU? You could save quite a lot of money choosing maybe a 8320 or even going for something like a FX6300, you would also save on the PSU etc. etc. 

I don't want to say that this build is bad, but when it's not used for gaming or editing, why even bother going this far on hardware. I dare to say that this build could use quite a lot of streamlining!

Yeah I'm liking your idea go for the 8320 and get a single SSD

You dont need that big of a power supply (like I did)

PC everything!

CPU-FX8350@4.2  GPU- Sapphire 7870  RAM-8Gb Corsair Vengence @1866 Case-Arc Midi R2 PSU-Rosewill Xtreme Series 850W  Hard Drive-1.5T MOBO-ASRock 970 Extreme3