Corsair H55. Any good?

Hey guys, 

Please excuse any mistakes, I've had a few beers! 

I've been rocking an Intel stock cooler for 2 years now! I've finally become fed up of the noise. It's just gone midnight and I've snapped! Basically I'm going to buy an off the shelf H55 tomorrow for £50, no messing about. Anyone who's got one I'd appreciate what you think of it. It won't be a permanent solution unless I get lazy again! 

Cheers! 

It's best role is as a cheap AIO for cooling a gpu. When it comes to cpu coolers, there are plenty of quieter options on the Air Cooling side that perform as well or better. 

What cpu are you cooling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hey man, 

I'm running a 4770k with no OC. The only reason I thought of it was because the store is close and has it in stock. I'm willing to grab it in the morning. An immediate solution if you will. 

50 minutes ago, ThunderDave said:

Hey man, 

I'm running a 4770k with no OC. The only reason I thought of it was because the store is close and has it in stock. I'm willing to grab it in the morning. An immediate solution if you will. 

You can do much better for the money. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

Any reason why you're not oc'ing?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Cheers for the feedback, so the BeQuiet cooler is on par? I might just get it on prime! I don't OC anymore cos i'm lazy! Hence the stock cooler for 2 years. I originally had a Noctua cooler but it was so heavy I didn't feel comfortable hanging it off a PCB! This forum is the best!

51 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

You can do much better for the money. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

Any reason why you're not oc'ing?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

3 hours ago, ThunderDave said:

Cheers for the feedback, so the BeQuiet cooler is on par? I might just get it on prime! I don't OC anymore cos i'm lazy! Hence the stock cooler for 2 years. I originally had a Noctua cooler but it was so heavy I didn't feel comfortable hanging it off a PCB! This forum is the best!

The Pure Rock doesn't perform as well but should be plenty of cooling if you're not oc'ing and it's much quieter. 

The mounting hardware is there to distribute the weight across the board and it shouldn't at all be an issue. If you still have the Noctua cooler, it's probably a good idea to reuse it. 

bought it for my GPU,

noise is not managed properly at all. changed the fan, but still hear time to time a waterfall noise coming from air into the pipes....

get another one, I doubted at first reading online many had leaks, and problems still aren't resolved

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Pure Rock doesn't perform as well but should be plenty of cooling if you're not oc'ing and it's much quieter. 

The mounting hardware is there to distribute the weight across the board and it shouldn't at all be an issue. If you still have the Noctua cooler, it's probably a good idea to reuse it. 

2 hours ago, belfouf said:

bought it for my GPU,

noise is not managed properly at all. changed the fan, but still hear time to time a waterfall noise coming from air into the pipes....

get another one, I doubted at first reading online many had leaks, and problems still aren't resolved

Cheers for the replies! I just bought the 

Be Quiet BK010 Shadow Rock Slim

I'll have it tomorrow! You can always count on the LTT forums for advice! Have a good one!

6 minutes ago, ThunderDave said:

Cheers for the replies! I just bought the 

Be Quiet BK010 Shadow Rock Slim

I'll have it tomorrow! You can always count on the LTT forums for advice! Have a good one!

good choice, have fun