DOOM locked 60 help

KlooseMaster

I just bought a 144hz monitor and was wondering if it is possible to unlock the 60 fps cap put on doom's "Cutscenes"

turn off vsync ?

try to go in borderless then back to fullscreen while in a cutscene. 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

3 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Is it locked..?

Normally, no. But when you get the praetor suit for example, and Dr. Hayden introduces himself, it is a locked 60.

Just now, KlooseMaster said:

Normally, no. But when you get the praetor suit for example, and Dr. Hayden introduces himself, it is a locked 60.

Sounds really weird.. But is it a that big of a deal?

5 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Sounds really weird.. But is it a that big of a deal?

It's true what they say about once you go 144hz you can't go back. So yes

16 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

turn off vsync ?

Vsync is off, I'll try that borderless thing

Turn vsync on and off with restart in between. There was a fps bug in Doom, i had that Problem too and this solved it. They patched it already. Weird you have it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

28 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

turn off vsync ?

borderless to fullscreen does not work

8 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Turn vsync on and off with restart in between. There was a fps bug in Doom, i had that Problem too and this solved it. They patched it already. Weird you have it.

Alright I'll try that

16 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Still no luck :(

27 minutes ago, KlooseMaster said:

Not true, I managed.  

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

1 minute ago, SpriteNo5 said:

Not true, I managed.  

I believe it's called a miracle

7 minutes ago, KlooseMaster said:

:/

Well the 60fps lock bug was ingame. But there are almost no cutscenes. And 60 fps in cutscenes is ok. I thought you have ingame limitations

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

Well the 60fps lock bug was ingame. But there are almost no cutscenes. And 60 fps in cutscenes is ok. I thought you have ingame limitations

Nope, just the cutscenes. Thank you for trying to help though!

35 minutes ago, KlooseMaster said:

Hahahha, sounds terrible. Sounds like you're overreacting though.

7 minutes ago, KlooseMaster said:

Nope, just the cutscenes. Thank you for trying to help though!

Np. Happy fragging.

7 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Hahahha, sounds terrible. Sounds like you're overreacting though.

Hes right.144hz gsync and you will not enjoy a normal display that much anymore.

2 minutes ago, KlooseMaster said:

I believe it's called a miracle

It's 21:9, 1440 @ 75hz, it certainly feels miraculous. And with a beefy overclock on a 980ti it will give me a mix of High and Ultra 55-75 FPS. Best gaming experience I've had in my 41 years. I've kept my 1440, 144hz AOC panel as backup but to be honest I find it hard to go back.

27 minutes ago, SpriteNo5 said:

It's 21:9, 1440 @ 75hz, it certainly feels miraculous. And with a beefy overclock on a 980ti it will give me a mix of High and Ultra 55-75 FPS. Best gaming experience I've had in my 41 years. I've kept my 1440, 144hz AOC panel as backup but to be honest I find it hard to go back.

He meant of course 16:9 Displays.

20 minutes ago, Praesi said:

He meant of course 16:9 Displays.

I know he did, he commented that it was a miracle that I'd been able to move back from 144hz. I was just showing why I think graphical fidelity and resolution are IMO more important than high FPS.

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

Hes right.144hz gsync and you will not enjoy a normal display that much anymore.

I'm on that exactly :P

There's usually nothing you can do about fps caps in cut scenes in most games

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit