Music Setting Help?

LukeS

So here's what I have:
Simmons Electronic Drum Set

Casio Keyboard CTK-2300 (I got the first two free)
An Epiphone Acoustic Guitar (AJ-220SCE)

Kala Ukelele

Standup Piano

Audio Technica USB Mic

I want to start recording tracks/mixing stuff for my friends. Would you guys suggest me buying a converter, since The first 3 have USB OR Normal Amp possiblities, or just buy a USB Multiport since they all have USB options. Also, what computer should I get for this? I'm dealing with a really bad laptop rn. Also, what programs would you suggest? (And what mic/setup gear?)

-LukeS
Just curious

EDIT: I also have the Standard Acoustic amp you will find at most ALL Guitar Centers for like trying out guitars. My issue is that I don't know how to hook up the drum set or keyboard to my laptop to record, so I end up recording the amp with the mic.

EDIT2: Also: What headphones should I get?

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

I would recommend getting something like a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2,  it has 2 inputs either XLR or 1/4" and phantom power for future microphones.  I use two different pieces of software, Ardour (Linux and OSX only [you can compile it for windows but it is not recommended) and Mixcraft 6 (windows only version 7 released already).  A good simple free one  is audicaty.  What computer do you have and what are the specs.  My desktop uses a 4690K and I only reach about 50% cpu usage at stock when outputting a 3 hour file in .wav.  Mixcraft for example requires a 1.5Gh dual core and 1 GB of ram, and a sound device.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E6T56EA/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1   

3 hours ago, flowalex said:

I would recommend getting something like a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2,  it has 2 inputs either XLR or 1/4" and phantom power for future microphones.  I use two different pieces of software, Ardour (Linux and OSX only [you can compile it for windows but it is not recommended) and Mixcraft 6 (windows only version 7 released already).  A good simple free one  is audicaty.  What computer do you have and what are the specs.  My desktop uses a 4690K and I only reach about 50% cpu usage at stock when outputting a 3 hour file in .wav.  Mixcraft for example requires a 1.5Gh dual core and 1 GB of ram, and a sound device.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E6T56EA/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1   

Thanks for replying! My buddie has a version of the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and he says it isn't that great, even for the price. I'm using a version of Cyberlink Wave Director (it's like version 10. I bought it when it first came out for like $200), but have used Audacity. My current specs are:
4 GB of RAM (it's a computer I bought for school), no graphics card, 500 GB SSD. Should I buy a mac or just upgrade my RAM, if the "graphics card" shut down and freezes ALL the time (the drivers are updated, it's just a weak CPU/GPU). Intel Core i3

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

1 minute ago, LukeS said:

Thanks for replying! My buddie has a version of the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and he says it isn't that great, even for the price. I'm using a version of Cyberlink Wave Director (it's like version 10. I bought it when it first came out for like $200), but have used Audacity. My current specs are:
4 GB of RAM (it's a computer I bought for school), no graphics card, 500 GB SSD. Should I buy a mac or just upgrade my RAM, if the "graphics card" shut down and freezes ALL the time (the drivers are updated, it's just a weak CPU/GPU). Intel Core i3

Well that was a suggestion that many people go with, I personally use a Tascam US122MK2, but it is out of production, but there are many products that are similar.  Presonus is a decent brand as well.  I feel the only thing that might be slow is the processor.  My laptop is ann i5 with hyperthreading and it has no trouble recording and scrubbing through the audio.  I would say give audacity a try it may be a little difficult to  edit the audio, but I have done it.  If you dedcide to get a new computer and want to spend the money, it doesn't have to be a mac,  get  a computer that you think will do the job to your satisfaction, mine laptop is a 600 dell that I got because of the wireless card. 

Here is the link to audacity for windows page: http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

This is similar to what I have, I got the kit with mine and the mic is actually pretty good

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FV3Q1BW?psc=1

Here is a Presonus product 

https://www.amazon.com/PreSonus-AudioBox-USB-Audio-Interface/dp/B00154KSA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474317109&sr=8-1&keywords=presonus