Is this ok for a budget build

l0lter

So a friend of mine is thinking of building his own pc. This is what we've came up with. Bare in mind it's a budget one.

CPU: i5-6400 2.7GHz 6MB LGA1151 BOX
Mobo: ASUS H110M-PLUS /DDR4/1151
GPU: POWER COLOR AXR7 370 2GBD5-PPDHE
PSU: XFX TS 550W GOLD P1-550G-TS3X
HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200rpm 64MB SATA3 WD10EZEX
RAM: CORSAIR DDR4 2133MHz 2x4GB CL13 LPX Black 1.20V
Case: Zalman R1

And another thing I wanna ask is could there possibly be some compatibility issues like BIOS update or something like that.

3 minutes ago, l0lter said:

So a friend of mine is thinking of building his own pc. This is what we've came up with. Bare in mind it's a budget one.

And another thing I wanna ask is could there possibly be some compatibility issues like BIOS update or something like that.

Every build is a budget build, some people just have a really big budget ;)

What is your budget?

Looking at this, I would say that you could go with a lesser psu (80+ bronze) and are in need of an SSD (and maybe an other case)

2 minutes ago, l0lter said:

Budget and location currency? Get a RX 460 instead of R7 370, slightly cheaper and more powerful. I would also add an SSD. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

Every build is a budget build, some people just have a really big budget ;)

What is your budget?

Looking at this, I would say that you could go with a lesser psu (80+ bronze) and are in need of an SSD (and maybe an other case)

About a 600 euro budget. And about the PSU it's actually on some kind of sale.

1 minute ago, rn8686 said:

Budget and location currency? Get a RX 460 instead of R7 370, slightly cheaper and more powerful. I would also add an SSD. 

Bulgaria and about 600 euro.

2 minutes ago, l0lter said:

Bulgaria and about 600 euro.

What websites are you buying from? I can't really improve or do anything with you build if I can't see how expensive the parts would be for you. I'm guessing it's about the same as for me here in the Netherlands, but I'm not sure.

Just now, Wouterrinos said:

What websites are you buying from? I can't really improve or do anything with you build if I can't see how expensive the parts would be for you. I'm guessing it's about the same as for me here in the Netherlands, but I'm not sure.

http://nikem-bg.net/cart/2240p1r2250p1r54541p1r53867p1r54997p1r57127p1r56541p1rf.html Here is the shopping cart. The currency is lev though. 1 euro=2 lev

I just had a look at that website... I suggest to get yourself a RX 460 4GB instead of that R7 370 2GB.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, l0lter said:

http://nikem-bg.net/cart/2240p1r2250p1r54541p1r53867p1r54997p1r57127p1r56541p1rf.html Here is the shopping cart. The currency is lev though. 1 euro=2 lev

The site is shit. I mean, who put's psu in the cases tab?! And the lack of a sorting function is really a disappointment. I'll try though, but is this the only site you can buy from? I wouldn't recommend to buy everything from one site anyway.

I just had a look at that website... I suggest to get yourself a RX 460 4GB instead of that R7 370 2GB.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

The site is shit. I mean, who put's psu in the cases tab?! And the lack of a sorting function is really a disappointment. I'll try though, but is this the only site you can buy from? I wouldn't recommend to buy everything from one site anyway.

Yeah the sorting is bad but the prices are the best out of any site here. And when I bought parts for my build they were actually really professional.

Really needs a SSD.  You could probably swap a 128gb SSD in place of that 1Tb HDD.  Yes, you won't be able to load a lot of stuff, but I did a fresh install with Win10, Office 2016, and a few other miscellaneous tools, and still have over 90gb free.  So should get a few games on there as well.   HDDs are tragic to be using as boot drives these days.

Just now, l0lter said:

Yeah the sorting is bad but the prices are the best out of any site here. And when I bought parts for my build they were actually really professional.

Okay, can't judge by looks I guess.

Looking at the prices for other psu's, this one seems to be a great deal indeed, so I wouldn't change it.

You should take the 370 out for a 460 as @HKZeroFive mentioned and you can look into an SSD.

This would be a nice one http://nikem-bg.net/computer-components/KINGSTON-SSD-SSDNow-UV400-SUV400S37-120GB/

It'll improve the PC a lot for what it costs and if you have a bit more you can get the 240gb version for 45 lev more.

And can't you buy stuff from Amazon.de for example or other countries nearer Bulgaria?

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

Okay, can't judge by looks I guess.

Looking at the prices for other psu's, this one seems to be a great deal indeed, so I wouldn't change it.

You should take the 370 out for a 460 as @HKZeroFive mentioned and you can look into an SSD.

This would be a nice one http://nikem-bg.net/computer-components/KINGSTON-SSD-SSDNow-UV400-SUV400S37-120GB/

It'll improve the PC a lot for what it costs and if you have a bit more you can get the 240gb version for 45 lev more.

And can't you buy stuff from Amazon.de for example or other countries nearer Bulgaria?

Only from central Europe. And the shipping taxes are insane. So I think it's not an option.

1 minute ago, l0lter said:

Only from central Europe. And the shipping taxes are insane. So I think it's not an option.

If that's indeed the case you should stick to this site of yours and just get everything from there.