Computer Science Books

I'm a Computer Science major and in my Junior year, I feel that I haven't learned all that I wanted to. I met someone in the computer labs who seemed to have an extensive knowledge on software engineering, I asked him where he gained all of this knowledge and he said he bought 6 textbooks that he learned from. Unfortunately, he had to head to class before he could give me the name of the books he bought. I just wanted to ask what programming and software engineering books do you guys recommend for someone who wants to be a full stack engineer?

i'd recommend just going onto lynda and buying the full year of membership (I have a promo code that will give you a 40 percent discount from my internship company, ill try to find another one that works and post it here) then you should be learning sql and Javascript or php from them. I'd also recommend processing JS or maybe css3 if you are into web apps

4 minutes ago, NovaGear G2 said:

I just wanted to ask what programming and software engineering books do you guys recommend for someone who wants to be a full stack engineer?

I wouldn't recommend any. Just go forth and do until you know, and then sell a book when you realize those are more lucrative than your paycheck.

books can't be updated without you buying a new one amd languages change rapidly so its not really worth buying a book.

online content however is updated, it's almost updated in real time in terms of language documentation.

I learnt php from w3 schools great place to get snips of code later on as well. Though I have used code academy I have only done there AngularJS, Python and java script so I am not sure what their html tutorial is like.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´