Help on future PC build!

NewAndreas

Im gonna order some parts and do my first PC build!

Does these components go well with each other?

Case: Coolermaster HAF X

CPU: Intel core i5 3570K 3.4Ghz 6MB S-1155

Graphics card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2GB (triplecool or something)

Motherboard: ASUS Saberthooth Z77 S-1155

PSU: Corsair TX 750W M Modular

Harddrive: Seagate Barracudda 2TB 7200RPM (I have lots of random 2.5 drives laying around so Im going to put in them too)

RAM: 4x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengenance LP PC3-12800 1600Mhz CL9

Looks all good. But do you need such a big case?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Looks all good. But do you need such a big case?
It does certainly look cool, but i could go for the HAF XM maybie...

The XM would be more reasonable and will save you some money. One question: what are you planning to use this system for? Gaming?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

if its for gaming, than i would probably go for 8gb ram[2x4gb]

and also, change the motherboard to something else, i dont think you are going to gain any performance boost if you go with sabertooth, try some other z77 boards, something msi or asus?

and also, if you can, than maybe save some on the case and get 120gb ssd for boot drive?

FYI, Sabertooth=Gimmick. The noob builder will almost always buy a Sabertooth board because of how "cool" the Thermal Armor looks.

Get a 500-650W PSU, you will never use more than 400 watts with this set up.

razersum is right, get 2x4GB sticks of ram.

With that money we just saved you, get an SSD.

if its for gaming, than i would probably go for 8gb ram[2x4gb]

and also, change the motherboard to something else, i dont think you are going to gain any performance boost if you go with sabertooth, try some other z77 boards, something msi or asus?

and also, if you can, than maybe save some on the case and get 120gb ssd for boot drive?

For the motherboard, i am not really looking for the performance boost, but the quality and the awesome looking thermal shielding!

I have a 240GB ssd in an old shitty laptop, so i might as well take that out of there...

For the ram... why not it fits my budget :)

The XM would be more reasonable and will save you some money. One question: what are you planning to use this system for? Gaming?
Gaming and some video editing (not much though)

Now that you mentioned an SSD it's even better. Post it in the Build logs if you can :)

osu! profile

FYI, Sabertooth=Gimmick. The noob builder will almost always buy a Sabertooth board because of how "cool" the Thermal Armor looks.

Get a 500-650W PSU, you will never use more than 400 watts with this set up.

razersum is right, get 2x4GB sticks of ram.

With that money we just saved you, get an SSD.

I already have an ssd (OCZ Agillity 3 240gb) :)

What psu do you suggest then (and mobo)

650W would handle SLI but it might be a bit strained. For overclocking headroom and capacitor aging, I'd feel more comfortable with 750W for SLI.
Yeah I think the 750w i was going with was maybe a biiiiiiiiiiiiit over the top.