Assemble Pc

Andreas360

Hello guys I'm assembling a gaming cpu.

I've choosen the following parts.

1)  intel i7 6700.

2)  WD cavier blue 1 tb 7200rpm hard disk.

3) Kingston HyperX fury black 8gb ddr4 2133mhz RAM.

4) Motherboard is yet to be decided.

5) PSU also not decided.

My combined budget for both the PSU and motherboard is exactly 285 American dollars. In that i want the psu as well motherboard.

Plz suggest me the best in my given budget.Thank you!

What is your budget for the entire build, as we can change a few things and get a better computer

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

1. Its a gaming PC, the CPU is only the processor.

2. Don't you mean a graphics card? 'Cause that's an important part in a gaming rig.

The PSU is not that hard to decide, there's enough wattage calculators online.

If it's a gaming computer you'll really need a dedicated graphics card, and that will suck away a considerable chunk of your budget. If you can give us your whole budget we can help you spec out the whole thing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

43 minutes ago, Andreas360 said:

Hello guys I'm assembling a gaming cpu.

I've choosen the following parts.

1)  intel i7 6700.

2)  WD cavier blue 1 tb 7200rpm hard disk.

3) Kingston HyperX fury black 8gb ddr4 2133mhz RAM.

4) Motherboard is yet to be decided.

5) PSU also not decided.

My combined budget for both the PSU and motherboard is exactly 285 American dollars. In that i want the psu as well motherboard.

Plz suggest me the best in my given budget.Thank you!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/DdgmD8

I dont know what your budget is but i took a guess and made a pc that will run better. the i7 6700 is not at all needed for this application and as such is just wasting money, money that can go towards a decent gpu

the PC I made:

i5 6400

Asus Z170-A (allowing you to upgrade to a K skew later)

8Gb Kingston DDR4

Silicon Power 120gb SSD

1TB Hitachi HDD

Zotac 750ti

Corsair 200R

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

d9EEB1P.png

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

GUYS FOR NOW MY BUDGET IS AROUND 750 DOLLARS EXCLUDING THE CPU CABINET AND THE GPU.I WANT TO KEEP THE PROCESSOR i7(not overclocking it so exclude the K).Also regarding the GPU, in the next six months I'll be getting it and my budget for that is around 450 to 500$. So suggest accordingly.Thnx!

3 minutes ago, Andreas360 said:

GUYS FOR NOW MY BUDGET IS AROUND 750 DOLLARS EXCLUDING THE CPU CABINET AND THE GPU.I WANT TO KEEP THE PROCESSOR i7(not overclocking it so exclude the K).Also regarding the GPU, in the next six months I'll be getting it and my budget for that is around 450 to 500$. So suggest accordingly.Thnx!

Maybe I can come up with a more accurate part list if you tell me your location + budget in local currency? And perhaps an online store you're planning to buy the parts from if there is.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

3 hours ago, Andreas360 said:

What is the CPU cabinet? The case?

`

I think you should add an ssd for the os and main files. Even if you're on a tight budget, I think it's still worth the price.

2016 Build

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2 GHz

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133 CL14 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GAMING 

Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB, Crucial MX500 500GB

PSU: EVGA G1 650 W 80+ Gold (It's Not Great)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full-ATX

6 hours ago, klh2000 said:

What is the CPU cabinet? The case?

yes

12 hours ago, antisleep said:

Maybe I can come up with a more accurate part list if you tell me your location + budget in local currency? And perhaps an online store you're planning to buy the parts from if there is.

i'm from India.And my budget would be around 50,000 Indian Rupees.(execluding the gpu and the case but do include the i7 6700).Thnx

where u live in india that would help ....... buy from stores near your area they will have better deals than online .......

for 50k Rupees (excluding gpu and case) u can get this ........

1) cpu - i7 6700 21-23k 

2) motherboard - b150 chipset motherboard 7-8k 

3) ram - 16 Gb (2x8gb) 6k 

4) hard disk - 1tb western digital blue 3.5k 

5) ssd - 240 gb 5k 

6) psu - depends on which graphics card u are buying .... but get a good brand power supply ....

everything will come under 50k easily ....

4 hours ago, Andreas360 said:

i'm from India.And my budget would be around 50,000 Indian Rupees.(execluding the gpu and the case but do include the i7 6700).Thnx

where u live in india that would help ....... buy from stores near your area they will have better deals than online .......

1) cpu - i7 6700 21-23k 

5) ssd - 240 gb 5k 

6) psu - depends on which graphics card u are buying .... but get a good brand power supply ....

51 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

1) cpu - i7 6700 21-23k 

5) ssd - 240 gb 5k 

For motherboard i was thinking about

Gigabyte GA-Z170-D3H 

and i already have an ssd so exclude it too.

I just need a psu that can power a gtx980 in the future so suggest me according to that.Thnx!

u don't need a z170 motherboard ..... z170 chipset motherboard support overclocking as i7 6700 cannot be overclocked so no need to pay extra for z170 ... u can also go h170 motherboards they will have some extra features like more usb ports and usb type c and some other extra features they will cost little more than b150 motherboards but less than z170 motherboards

and buy seasonic 520w power supply will cost about 5-6k will be enough for that and are u going to buy gtx980 cause u should buy gtx1060 or gtx 1070 they are newer generation gpus perform better and consume less power

1 hour ago, Tim Serious said:

u don't need a z170 motherboard ..... z170 chipset motherboard support overclocking as i7 6700 cannot be overclocked so no need to pay extra for z170 ... u can also go h170 motherboards they will have some extra features like more usb ports and usb type c and some other extra features they will cost little more than b150 motherboards but less than z170 motherboards

and buy seasonic 520w power supply will cost about 5-6k will be enough for that and are u going to buy gtx980 cause u should buy gtx1060 or gtx 1070 they are newer generation gpus perform better and consume less power

Ok then h170 seems to be the one for me then.Can you please suggest a h170 mobo under 14k then??Also would a 1060 outperform 980?Thnx

Edited by Andreas360

19 minutes ago, Andreas360 said:

Ok then h170 seems to be the one for me then.Can you please suggest a h170 mobo under 14k then??Thnx

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B014PJ56DW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473944024&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=h170+motherboard&dpPl=1&dpID=615pjM8pFqL&ref=plSrch .........      this looks good but to much overpriced on amazon.in ...... h170 motherboard or any chipset motherboard vary in price from 7,000 to even 14,000 ...... you have to look which motherboard suits u ...... check Gigabyte, Asus and Msi websites to check which h170 motherboard u need .... hope i don't confuse more.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B014PJ56DW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473944024&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=h170+motherboard&dpPl=1&dpID=615pjM8pFqL&ref=plSrch .........      this looks good but to much overpriced on amazon.in ...... h170 motherboard or any chipset motherboard vary in price from 7,000 to even 14,000 ...... you have to look which motherboard suits u ...... check Gigabyte, Asus and Msi websites to check which h170 motherboard u need .... hope i don't confuse more.

MSI H170 Gaming M3 i liked this one

but i need a vga port too.So will an adapter do my job?

1 hour ago, Andreas360 said:

MSI H170 Gaming M3 i liked this one

Is this better?

don't know but look for reviews on Amazon.com (usa) and newegg.com if they are good then it must be good.

don't know but look for reviews on Amazon.com (usa) and newegg.com if they are good then it must be good.

MSI H170 Gaming M3

it is having overall good reviews on newegg but as my monitor is having no hdmi.I wont be able to connect it to my monitor as it lacks a vga port

1 hour ago, Andreas360 said:

MSI H170 Gaming M3

it is having overall good reviews on newegg but as my monitor is having no hdmi.I wont be able to connect it to my monitor as it lacks a vga port

as to my knowledge, vga to hdmi not possible ..... so i would suggest u should change your monitor as it will be old and not that good if it has only vga port ......

Edit - it also has dvi-I pretty so u can use a dvi-i to vga adapter ...... but if you have money i will still recommend to change your monitor.

4 hours ago, Andreas360 said:

Ok then h170 seems to be the one for me then.Can you please suggest a h170 mobo under 14k then??Also would a 1060 outperform 980?Thnx

say your edit just now ..... gtx 1060 would peform same as gtx 980 and will cost less ..... gtx 1070 will outperform gtx 980.

as to my knowledge, vga to hdmi not possible ..... so i would suggest u should change your monitor as it will be old and not that good if it has only vga port ......

Edit - it also has dvi-I pretty so u can use a dvi-i to vga adapter ...... but if you have money i will still recommend to change your monitor.

the gpu and monitor are certainly coming to my rig but are just 6months away so i need to figure out something till then.Which adapter should i go for the hdmi to vga ro the dvi to vga?Thnx!

say your edit just now ..... gtx 1060 would peform same as gtx 980 and will cost less ..... gtx 1070 will outperform gtx 980.

i'd probably go for 1070 if money permits but if not the 1060 is for sure.