Google Homepage Wierd

cakez

Hello, a while ago my google home page suddenly turned really weird, I don't know if it's a virus or something but I do use Bitdefender free.Here's what google looks for me.There are a lot of ads and the images are not arranged like normal.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Download Malwarebytes and scan, then get AdBlock.

Malwarebytes (choose free download): https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, cakez said:

I do have AdBlock, so I don't understand where the ads are coming from.

Then download MB and scan, is adblock enabled on Google?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Then download MB and scan, is adblock enabled on Google?

yea Adblock is enabled, should I uninstall BitDefender?

yea Adblock is enabled, should I uninstall BitDefender?

No, Malwarebytes is just an extra line of protection for when your AV doesn't work.

✨PC Specs✨

10 minutes ago, cakez said:

Hello, a while ago my google home page suddenly turned really weird, I don't know if it's a virus or something but I do use Bitdefender free.Here's what google looks for me.There are a lot of ads and the images are not arranged like normal.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Ive got this too, i think its just google with their constant design changes again

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

Just now, AdamBGames said:

Ive got this too, i think its just google with their constant design changes again

ahh ok, but I'm scanning right now, but I hope you're right I don't want to have a virus.

8 minutes ago, cakez said:

ahh ok, but I'm scanning right now, but I hope you're right I don't want to have a virus.

This hasn't happened to me before, but if it is adware I recommend you download adw_cleaner.

It's worked for me in the past regarding adware and homepage hijacks.

Download: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ 

Edit: Does malwarebytes find adware as well? That I do not know.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Did malwarebytes find anything? You didn't show it, but it's best to show the URL and the locker too. It should be https:// with verified credentials

On 9/13/2016 at 4:23 PM, ShadowTechXTS said:

Download Malwarebytes and scan, then get AdBlock.

Malwarebytes (choose free download): https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

On 9/13/2016 at 4:31 PM, AdamBGames said:

On 9/13/2016 at 6:25 PM, Ryujin2003 said:

Did malwarebytes find anything? You didn't show it, but it's best to show the URL and the locker too. It should be https:// with verified credentials

On 9/13/2016 at 4:42 PM, TiberiusMoon said:

also check your browser for any unwanted plugins or extensions

On 9/13/2016 at 4:40 PM, bob51zhang said:

This hasn't happened to me before, but if it is adware I recommend you download adw_cleaner.

It's worked for me in the past regarding adware and homepage hijacks.

Download: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ 

Edit: Does malwarebytes find adware as well? That I do not know.

HI guys, I don't know what happened, but my windows just updated, then I opened google chrome and it looks weird again, does anyone now what happened?

2 minutes ago, cakez said:

HI guys, I don't know what happened, but my windows just updated, then I opened google chrome and it looks weird again, does anyone now what happened?

Did you try MB?

✨PC Specs✨

7 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Did you try MB?

yep, scanning right now, so far nothing detected. Scan is almost done.

And, does your google chrome look like this?

yep, scanning right now, so far nothing detected. Scan is almost done.

And, does your google chrome look like this?

Your picture didn't upload, if nothing works, then check the installed extensions, if that doesn't work, reinstall Chrome.

✨PC Specs✨

Your picture didn't upload, if nothing works, then check the installed extensions, if that doesn't work, reinstall Chrome.

here's a pic.

Screenshot_1.png

Just now, cakez said:

here's a pic.

Yeah it looks like that, but check the extensions you have installed, some can force those ads.

✨PC Specs✨

4 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Yeah it looks like that, but check the extensions you have installed, some can force those ads.

There are my extension, do your images from google imaged look like this?

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

4 minutes ago, cakez said:

There are my extension, do your images from google imaged look like this?

Reinstall Chrome, my Google Images look like this:

gimages.PNG

✨PC Specs✨

gimages.PNG

Ok, gonna reinstall in a couple of minutes.:)

8 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Well, just did a reinstall, it's still the same, and MB detected nothing.

7 minutes ago, cakez said:

Well, just did a reinstall, it's still the same, and MB detected nothing.

Well the only thing left is to reinstall windows.

But first, does it do it on Firefox or Edge/IE?

✨PC Specs✨

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Well the only thing left is to reinstall windows.

But first, does it do it on Firefox or Edge/IE?

Sadly, it does, it does it in all my browsers. :(

23 minutes ago, cakez said:

Sadly, it does, it does it in all my browsers. :(

Then you have adware. :(

Again, I recommend you to download adw_cleaner. Trustworthy download link (I use it)

I believe this is called a hijack, where they change what you see in browser.

Have a crack at it; it's great for destroying adware.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!