Upgrade time.. Component suggestions plz

RobTapps

Ok so last year I built my first PC from scratch (not prebuilt by dell or some crap then adding ram and a video card..)  My intentions for the system were Gaming/Content Creation/Streaming/First Overclock, While the rig has been great and still is for certian things like running a DAW or Streaming video it lacks the balls to game with the big boys.. I have tried everything to up the fps in game (especially gtaV) including turning off core parking, overclocking (both cpu and gpu to stop downclocking when not at %100 load), tweeking the in game/crimson settings for hours.. and hours... and hours.. but still lacking.. and this also brought another issue to my attention, the MSI 970 Gaming sucks the big one for overclocking... in order to run a 4.5 clock i would have to be at lime 1.658 vCore... no problem fir the H100i gtx BUT a major issue for the fets.. they reach over 100°C!!!! And ti even get a stable 4.2ghz i have to run the voltage at 1.48V... I think I lost the silicon lottery on top of having a crap board :(

The current setup is as follows..

CPU: AMD FX 8320E (OC @ 4.2ghz/1.48V)

GPU: Gigabyte R9 390 G1 8gb (OC 1042/1500/+50%)

MOBO: MSI 970 Gaming

RAM: Kingsotn HyperX Fury 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 (adding more made no difference)

PSU: Corsair RM750 Modualr

STORAGE:1x Kingston hyperX 120gb SSD

1x (Unknown) 500gb HDD It was free.. and it works)

COOLING: Corsair H100i gtx (240mm) / 3 intake/4 exhaust (including rad fans)

CASE: NZXT H440

I'm obviously going to keep the case, PSU (bought it last week) and maybe the GPU on the new system and everything else will go in to another machine for a friend to use or when im streaming. Any suggestions on a good  INTEL  (done with amd cpu's) motherboard/CPU for overclocking/gaming..my budget is is like 700$ absolute max.. Thanks for your time :)

For the CPU I suggest a i5-6600k (lga 1150) and the motherboard I suggest a 

Gigabyte 
GA-H170-D3HP. If you decide to upgrade th GPU i suggest a 980ti or Gtx 1060, hope this helped

Just now, Cri2mso6nLegend said:

Gigabyte 
GA-H170-D3HP. If you decide to upgrade th GPU i suggest a 980ti or Gtx 1060, hope this helped

Thanks for the suggestions :) rather new to building and dont really know what to looks for in a motherboard when it comes to stuff like overclockability and reliability, the 970 gaming got half decent reviews so i picked it (big mistake lol)

9 minutes ago, Cri2mso6nLegend said:

Gigabyte 

That is just stupid to get a cpu that can overclock and have a motherboard that supports it...

6 minutes ago, RobTapps said:

Thanks for the suggestions :) rather new to building and dont really know what to looks for in a motherboard when it comes to stuff like overclockability and reliability, the 970 gaming got half decent reviews so i picked it (big mistake lol)

So you are going to stick with amd? or are you going to switch to intel? Anything from AMD cpus on the higher end spectrum are horrible.

1 minute ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

That is just stupid to get a cpu that can overclock and have a motherboard that supports it...

So you are going to stick with amd? or are you going to switch to intel? Anything from AMD cpus on the higher end spectrum are horrible.

As stated below my curent specs I will be going with Intel over amd this time around. Not sure what I will do with the AMD platform after.. but I will figure it out