5v Fan Adapter

Mr. Brovahkiin

Is there a place to buy 5v fan adapters? I bought Corsair SP120 High Performance fans thinking if the default RPM was too loud I could just under volt it with the included adapters. Well the included adapters are also too loud for my taste. Any help is appreciated 

well i don`t think so but the RED wire from psu is 5V. so improvise.

Not all cables follow that color code standard, often colored fan cables use red for the 12V and black for the ground.  Or else a combination of yellow, blue, and green.

Corsair SP120s have black cables anyway.  If you can get a 3-pin fan to Molex adapter and plug it directly into the PSU, you can rewire the Molex so that the 5V line from the PSU feeds into the 12V pinout to the fan, that will run the fan at 5V.  Or get one of those Phobya cables on amazon.

Corsair cliams it can only go down to 7v, but I just tested a new sp120 I had lying around and it runs at 28.6CFM and 0.761mmH20 at 5v. Not bad. 

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)