Asrock Hyper series

Never heard of the Hyper series.....and ive used ASRock for quite awhile now.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

1 hour ago, Wingfan said:

Never heard of the Hyper series.....and ive used ASRock for quite awhile now.

The hyper series http://www.asrock.com/microsite/hyper/index.html is a series of socket 1151 motherboards with external clock generators that allow for non k overclocking.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

5 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

The hyper series http://www.asrock.com/microsite/hyper/index.html is a series of socket 1151 motherboards with external clock generators that allow for non k overclocking.

Those Fatality boards look very nice!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

Just now, Wingfan said:

Those Fatality boards look very nice!

Yeah, now I need to BE ABLE TO BUY THEM! Good lord... I know at least 3 exist, i've seen reviews for them, but I can't for the life of me find them!

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Yeah, now I need to BE ABLE TO BUY THEM! Good lord... I know at least 3 exist, i've seen reviews for them, but I can't for the life of me find them!

What CPU are going to put in it?

2 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

What CPU are going to put in it?

Still a little bit on the not telling anyone side (future build log, don't want to spoil the surprise) But I am getting it VERY cheap. 

Edited by RGProductions
My keyboard is missing key presses again

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Still a little bit on the no telling anyone side (future build log, Don't want to spoil the surprise) But I am getting it VERY cheap. 

Well if your needing a board that can OC a non K, im thinking maybe a 6500?

2 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

Well if your needing a board that can OC a non K, im thinking maybe a 6500?

No, although that would make sense, considering I own one.

31 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

But you don't need such boards. Most regular Z170 mobos can do that with a proper bios.

Though non k OC has just so many downsides that it's not even recommended to begin with. If you want to OC, just pay that extra for a 6600k.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

But you don't need such boards. Most regular Z170 mobos can do that with a proper bios.

Though non k OC has just so many downsides that it's not even recommended to begin with. If you want to OC, just pay that extra for a 6600k.

of course :) the PC this is going in screams NOT RECOMMENDED, which is why I want to OC the crap out of it.