EVGA GTX 970 SC

Parky

The page you linked has a comparability checker on it. Use it to search for your card.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I believe the EVGA GTX 970 SC uses a custom PCB...

But that shouldn't be a worry, since the G10 should fit on the card anyway.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Though I'm not sure how much the Kraken would help. I have a 970 SC myself and even with case fans and the gpu fans turned up so the card runs in the 50s Celsius I get no extra overclock whatsoever. Sometimes I can't even keep the stock boost clock of 1367 MHz at full load even with those temps when I'm running at stock. I think the 970 SC is often very limited by the 4-phase VRM. Mine definitely is and it's a common complaint at the EVGA forums.

Thanks guys.

10 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Though I'm not sure how much the Kraken would help. I have a 970 SC myself and even with case fans and the gpu fans turned up so the card runs in the 50s Celsius I get no extra overclock whatsoever. Sometimes I can't even keep the stock boost clock of 1367 MHz at full load even with those temps when I'm running at stock. I think the 970 SC is often very limited by the 4-phase VRM. Mine definitely is and it's a common complaint at the EVGA forums.

I will consider that. I was going to do the Kraken set up so when I upgrade in the future I can run an aio on a 10 series etc

10 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

I believe the EVGA GTX 970 SC uses a custom PCB...

But that shouldn't be a worry, since the G10 should fit on the card anyway.

It's not. SC cards use a reference PCB. Maybe elongated slightly but it's a still reference PCB. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

21 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

It's not. SC cards use a reference PCB. Maybe elongated slightly but it's a still reference PCB. 

'The 970 [SC] PCB is designed by us and is not considered your typical Nvidia reference. When waterblocks come out for this series, I would check to see if the specific part number you want is supported. ' - EVGA Joey

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

6 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

'The 970 [SC] PCB is designed by us and is not considered your typical Nvidia reference. When waterblocks come out for this series, I would check to see if the specific part number you want is supported. ' - EVGA Joey

It's still based off the reference design with poo 4 phase delivery and not much going for it. If anything it's just been elongated. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

It's still based off the reference design with poo 4 phase delivery and not much going for it. If anything it's just been elongated. 

You have a fair point but I would still say it's technically a custom PCB with all the changes considered if we compared it to the reference PCB. It may be based off the same design but it's not exactly the same in general.

Spoiler