Windows 10 notebook Problem

maxvoelkl

So Hi guy´s 

I have a problem. or better to say a friend.

so his Windows on the Notebook (vaio) start up slow, very slow by the way.

After the start with no Error´s or Warning´s the star-menü doesn´t open, also Spotify (no response), also Google Chrome (no response).

Most other program´s like Team speak or League of Legends work.

I already made a system Restore and a inplace/update install of windows 10 twice so all Windows file´s should have no Error´s 

Opening the Windows explorer take 2 Minutes and 23 sec. 

task-manager 40 Second´s

If someone has a idea what is wrong let my know.

Thx and best wiches

Max

There is a chance that windows have resized the paging file for the hard drive. It happened to me once. Just google how to increase paging file and you will find a tutorial. Another prossibility is that windows defender/antimalware or whatever it's called these days takes up all disk speed. Check on the task manager to see what the disk usage is and if it is at 100% what service is taking the most up.

2 minutes ago, HeadsUpHigh said:

There is a chance that windows have resized the paging file for the hard drive. It happened to me once. Just google how to increase paging file and you will find a tutorial. Another prossibility is that windows defender/antimalware or whatever it's called these days takes up all disk speed. Check on the task manager to see what the disk usage is and if it is at 100% what service is taking the most up.

Jo Thx very much. 

But i already watched for this but the HDD is used only 20 %. I will look for the paging file and expand or decrease it.

On 9/7/2016 at 3:49 AM, maxvoelkl said:

Jo Thx very much. 

But i already watched for this but the HDD is used only 20 %. I will look for the paging file and expand or decrease it.

You need to expand it. For some reason on my laptop the option was left to use size suggested by windows. Windows suggested 2gb I think but the size it allocated was less than a quarter of that. I increased it to 4gb and it is smooth ever since. Well, smooth for an HDD that is of course.

yea so nice idea with the virtual ram and so on but..... at least it didn´t change anything same problem no response. 

The Windows defender uses about 20% of the hdd but i cannot turn it of xD  because i cannot open the setting´s or the start menu.