Has Anyone tried Overclocking an Amp extreme 1080

Hi guys was just wondering is anyone has overclocked the already behemoth of a card the zotac gtx 1080 amp extreme and wanted to know how it went. as i'm planning on buying one and wanted to know how much more juice i could get out of it :) 

Its already a Monster. Even with no further OC it will crush any Game in 1440p.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, lil_D said:

Got mine to 2.156 ghertz, worth it

Damn that's insane!!:o how much of a performance gain did you get? 

Don't have a zotac amp! extreme, nor even a 1080, but I have a 1070 strix which is nearly as long and tall, if not as wide.  After just a few months, the sag is already noticeable.  With the Amp! card monster triple slot design, I worry it will be even worse.  Just something to thing about. 

12 hours ago, ace_cheaply said:

Don't have a zotac amp! extreme, nor even a 1080, but I have a 1070 strix which is nearly as long and tall, if not as wide.  After just a few months, the sag is already noticeable.  With the Amp! card monster triple slot design, I worry it will be even worse.  Just something to thing about. 

Thank you for sharing that i'll have to think of a way to handle that 

2 hours ago, kiritoblank said:

Thank you for sharing that i'll have to think of a way to handle that 

Fishing wire tied to the top of ur case 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

1 hour ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Fishing wire tied to the top of ur case 

that's a good way of doing it :D thank you

9 minutes ago, kiritoblank said:

that's a good way of doing it :D thank you

It's that or what I did and put ur power cables for the Gpus in from above so there pulling it up slightly 

also (1600) 

3 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

It's that or what I did and put ur power cables for the Gpus in from above so there pulling it up slightly 

That's gonna put some strain and stress on the connectors that wasn't intended. Be careful. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

Just now, RyGuy99 said:

That's gonna put some strain and stress on the connectors that wasn't intended. Be careful. 

It won't if u do it right 

it's no more strain than the downwards pull. On the connector 

also (1600) 

2 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

It won't if u do it right 

it's no more strain than the downwards pull. On the connector 

It's still unintended strain if you are supporting your GPU with it. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

23 minutes ago, RyGuy99 said:

It's still unintended strain if you are supporting your GPU with it. 

How about we all just go for the founder's edition. It's lighter smaller and has the advantage of a bower cooler. Its only a little less powerfull, but its in stock in places and again has that blower cooler. Here's why:http://www.pcgamer.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-gpu-coolers/

15 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

How about we all just go for the founder's edition. It's lighter smaller and has the advantage of a bower cooler. Its only a little less powerfull, but its in stock in places and again has that blower cooler. Here's why:http://www.pcgamer.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-gpu-coolers/

Is this a joke?  The founders edition is louder, more expensive, hotter, and performs the same.  Yes, in a small form factor or sli it is nice to push that air outside of the case rather than having it warm the ambient temps, but in most use cases (read atx mobo, mid tower case, single gpu), an aftermarket cooler is a better choice.

4 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

Is this a joke?  The founders edition is louder, more expensive, hotter, and performs the same.  Yes, in a small form factor or sli it is nice to push that air outside of the case rather than having it warm the ambient temps, but in most use cases (read atx mobo, mid tower case, single gpu), and aftermarket cooler is a better choice.

More expensive? Is that a joke? I find that aftermarket cards are even more expensive 

3 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

More expensive? Is that a joke? I find that aftermarket cards are even more expensive 

Are you in the U.S.?  Check newegg.com.  

founders editolion: $699

Evga Acx 3.0:  649

Evga SSC: 679

In the u.s. it's easy to find aftermarket cards for cheaper.

On 07/09/2016 at 2:05 AM, kiritoblank said:

Damn that's insane!!:o how much of a performance gain did you get? 

Titan xp level, at 65c in a 20c room

well with a good quality card the pcie cables coming in from above the card does the trick and there's no "strain on the card" only a baboon can do harm to the card.

IE been doing it for years on an ASUS 7970 DCU2 triple Slot. still going strong no issues

and my 980ti Strixs for a year and 2 months..

by the time the "unintended strain or stress on the connectors" will take in effect you will already have a Nvidia GTX 1880TI

6 hours ago, thechankwhoganks said:

well with a good quality card the pcie cables coming in from above the card does the trick and there's no "strain on the card" only a baboon can do harm to the card.

IE been doing it for years on an ASUS 7970 DCU2 triple Slot. still going strong no issues

and my 980ti Strixs for a year and 2 months..

by the time the "unintended strain or stress on the connectors" will take in effect you will already have a Nvidia GTX 1880TI

Cheers for the support ! 

also (1600) 

While the AMP! Extreme has everything you need for a monster OC, don't forget that you are still going to be subject to the silicon lottery.  It is entirely possible that your card won't go 10 mhz above factory clock.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build