VGA connection

Shouom
Go to solution Solved by SuperShermanTanker,

Hello, i am going to buy a new GPU in a couple of months and i realized that GTX 1060 does not have a DVI-D connection, and thats really bad, because i've been using this monitor for 8 years now and i really like it! it only has a VGA port.

I really don't want to buy a new monitor, but if there's no option then i will do it. What kind of sorcery is needed to connect this monitor to the GPU?

1 minute ago, Erest said:

Hello, i am going to buy a new GPU in a couple of months and i realized that GTX 1060 does not have a DVI-D connection, and thats really bad, because i've been using this monitor for 8 years now and i really like it! it only has a VGA port.

I really don't want to buy a new monitor, but if there's no option then i will do it. What kind of sorcery is needed to connect this monitor to the GPU?

DVI-D means DVI-Digital. VGA is analogue. DVI-I can do both analogue and digital, so you want DVI-I for a direct analogue connection to VGA. Even if you only have digital outputs, you can get a converter for DP->VGA or HDMI->VGA etc.

I edit my posts a lot.

1 minute ago, MrDrWho13 said:

DVI-D means DVI-Digital. VGA is analogue. DVI-I can do both analogue and digital, so you want DVI-I for a direct analogue connection to VGA. Even if you only have digital outputs, you can get a converter for DP->VGA or HDMI->VGA etc.

Yes i meant the DVI-I

Just now, SuperShermanTanker said:

That adapter is just what i needed, ty! I love how the black color version costs 7.99 and white 8.99 :D

GTX1060 does too have a DVI-D natively. Won't help you though. But you can convert to VGA from Displayport.

Just now, Naeaes said:

GTX1060 does too have a DVI-D natively. Won't help you though. But you can convert to VGA from Displayport.

I meant to say DVI-I