Router into switch data speed slow

Silvanor
Go to solution Solved by ERSCreeper,
2 minutes ago, Silvanor said:

Hey everyone, 

I found a router somewhere and i thought i would hook it up to my network as a switch. 

I have 4 LAN ports and 1 WAN. The WAN i just ignor. My input is a cable from the main router and goes into LAN port 1. Then i have a PC on LAN port 2 and another PC on LAN port 3.

My problem is is that if i take the cable from my main router and plug it into my pc i get 150MBit/s. But if i plug it in as mentioned above i only get 80Mbit/s.

The 2nd router is a cisco N150.

Thanks in advance

Well considering the N150 is only has 10/100 ports. You would need to buy a cheap gigabit switch for faster speeds.

Hey everyone, 

I found a router somewhere and i thought i would hook it up to my network as a switch. 

I have 4 LAN ports and 1 WAN. The WAN i just ignor. My input is a cable from the main router and goes into LAN port 1. Then i have a PC on LAN port 2 and another PC on LAN port 3.

My problem is is that if i take the cable from my main router and plug it into my pc i get 150MBit/s. But if i plug it in as mentioned above i only get 80Mbit/s.

The 2nd router is a icidu N150.

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Silvanor said:

Hey everyone, 

The 2nd router is a cisco N150.

Thanks in advance

Well considering the N150 is only has 10/100 ports. You would need to buy a cheap gigabit switch for faster speeds.

\

The N150 only uses fast ethernet ports (10/100), so you won't be able to go above 100Mbps on it. Consider some performance overhead and 80Mbps sounds about right. 

Buying a simple unmanaged gigabit switch would solve the issue, as well as removing any conflicts that can occur with two routers on the same network. 

10 minutes ago, Nicholas Marzio said:

Ah sorry, my bad, i got confused by that it could do 150 mbit/s wifi but only 100 mbit/s ethernet. Thank you for clearing that up for me.