My First Gaming Rig Build

Dieondutch

Hello, this is my first time a building a gaming rig. I do know how to build a PC, but i still got a problem. I dont know how to overclock the CPU, and i dont know what memory is needed for this monster, any of u got suggestions?

The are the parts i am gonna use.

Case: Coolermaster HAF X

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

Powersupply: Corsair 1200i AX

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Video Card: Nvidea GTX 690

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Phoebes 7.1

Hard Disk: Seagate 3TB

SSD Disk: 2x Corsair 480 GB

Windows 7 Home Premium

i still got some questions, first: whats better: Windows 7 HP Or Windows 7 Pro

second: can i get the info to overclock, when i have these parts?

Accidental post. Sorry.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

RAM: go to the motherboard website, they have the req. spec. and a list of tested ram

generally any DDR3 will work

Overclock: there a guild Linus did on NCIXTechTips on 2ng Gen core i, 3rd is the same. TimeToLiveCustoms also did one recently too, LONG but vary detailed.

OS: unless you need to join a Domain (server stuff) or need like massive 64GB of ram, I'd save the money if your buying it and go with Home Premium.

for like 95% of people, it make no difference.... at all.

generally if you don't know if you need it ahead of time (for a specific reason), you probably don't.

I'd recommend upgrading your cooler to the h220 for the best overclocking performance but if you really wanted a clean, sleek look then the h100i is fine unless you planned to cut down the excess tubing of the h220 yourself

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

thanks for all the advice, i have found good ram now, i am taking Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 GB DDR3 2400 ram.

This is like your third thread about the same build?! You even sent me a PM about memory! C'mon, Let us build you a nice, powerful Z77 machine that will save you hundreds of bucks. I remember telling you to Google Win7 HP vs Pro.. :L You can't just build a work station PC with Win7 Home... I'm also willing to bet money you won't be able to run 2400MHz memory with an SB-E chip.

He needs to be online for this to work :S