23/24" Monitor with thin bezel for £170/$250 for Nvidia Surround

defunkt

I'm looking for a good monitor with the thinnest possible bezel for preferably under £170/$250, I'm looking at 23 inch monitors as there for nvidia surround and they need to be 1920x1080. I'v looked at this monitor:

[url=http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-IPS237L-BN-led-monitor]http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-IPS237L-BN-led-monitor[/url=http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-IPS237L-BN-led-monitor]

it looks quite good on the surface as its and IPS panel and 75Hz, but it only has HDMI and im not sure why a IPS panel is so cheap

Thanks in advance

- Creep

Edit: At the bottom of page 2 on this buld log he has 3 of the LG's playing minecraft.. They look pretty good

hello

The monitor is a 60Hz monitor. What LG means is that it takes a 75Hz signal, but only 60Hz will be displayed. This supported was added to allow you to send a stronger VGA signal for a sharper image, as VGA in 1080p @ 60Hz is pushing in seeing a sharp clear picture, especially in a heavy interference environment like living close to downtown.

The monitor is uses an entry level IPS panel (eIPS panel to be exact). The panel is 6-bit panel per channel (red, green, and blue) instead of a true 8-bit which is what you get with higher end IPS panels (which is why the other IPS panels are far more expensive)

Maybe you know this already, but the monitor is NOT what LG is advertising as boarder size. Well what they initially said, they pulled that false info out.

LG said: 1.2mm, but it's 12mm. While it is thinning than the standard ~18-20mm it's not 1.2mm. The decimal point was a typo.

For a thin bezel monitor, check out the ASUS VN247H.

Sadly it has only VGA and crummy (for computers) HDMI.

The monitor is a 60Hz monitor. What LG means is that it takes a 75Hz signal, but only 60Hz will be displayed. This supported was added to allow you to send a stronger VGA signal for a sharper image, as VGA in 1080p @ 60Hz is pushing in seeing a sharp clear picture, especially in a heavy interference environment like living close to downtown.

The monitor is uses an entry level IPS panel (eIPS panel to be exact). The panel is 6-bit panel per channel (red, green, and blue) instead of a true 8-bit which is what you get with higher end IPS panels (which is why the other IPS panels are far more expensive)

Maybe you know this already, but the monitor is NOT what LG is advertising as boarder size. Well what they initially said, they pulled that false info out.

LG said: 1.2mm, but it's 12mm. While it is thinning than the standard ~18-20mm it's not 1.2mm. The decimal point was a typo.

For a thin bezel monitor, check out the ASUS VN247H.

Sadly it has only VGA and crummy (for computers) HDMI.

Thanks :) I am a little clueless when it comes to monitors as i'v only ever bought one! Thanks anyway :)

hello

Don't know quite what the price for you would be but I'm soon to get a bunch of the Asus MX239H IPS monitors. For me they're about $290 however they could be cheaper in the US. They have pretty good picture quality from what I've seen but the best thing I've found is that their bezel is only 0.8mm.

windseed36.. when powered on it got a 10mm bezel.. (its got a black area in the "screen" aswell) just like LG's IPS ones

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting