1070 pre-SLI build

Wylie102

Hi all,

First time builder here, I am planning on a build around a 1070, with a view to potentially adding another one at some point down the line if I need more power/wanna go 4k/the price drops. Would be a gaming rig, probably on a 1440p monitor but I'm yet to pick one out. I'm aiming to try and create something relatively future proof or something I can use for a few years, then upgrade fairly easily and use for a few more. So best long term value. Budget ceiling (excluding peripherals) probably around £2000.

This is the build I was considering

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jwt9r7

What do people think? Can anyone point out some immediate/obvious changes I should be making?

It will take me a little while to save up for it so if anyone can see anything that might change this in the near future (For example waiting for the newer intel processors and therefore motherboards, which might future proof if I later want to pick up a modern CPU with more cores if that becomes more important in modern games) I'd be interested to hear.

Also any tips on cooling configuration with SLI would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wylie

1 minute ago, Wylie102 said:

Hi all,

First time builder here, I am planning on a build around a 1070, with a view to potentially adding another one at some point down the line if I need more power/wanna go 4k/the price drops. 

The 1070 runs prefect alone at 4K anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Wylie102 said:

This is the build I was considering

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jwt9r7

Looks like a damn solid build to me! Thanks for reaching out to the community on our opinions, most people just buy the parts and it doesn't turn out good. 

3 minutes ago, Wylie102 said:

Thanks,

Wylie

Have a great day Wylie! Greetings from Tucson!